Maka

Chirping
Sep 30, 2023
Hello. My chick just hatched and it just kind of has a red squishy thing coming out of it. It doesn’t look like a typical umbilical yolk situation.
It’s bleeding a little not a lot. Otherwise the chick is acting like a normal hatched chick. Running around chirping and sleeping. I just am hoping I don’t have to mercy. That would break my heart.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 16
Could you get a more clear photo of it?
I've had a couple chicks like that and I did have to cull, unfortunately.
I think this photo gives me my answer it’s gotten way worse

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpeg
    IMG_2960.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 17
Can you please tell me how? I just am so scared and I’m “soft” but gosh I really don’t want this little guy to suffer.

Is the chick still acting normal? We had a chick who hatched and looked like that. She bled as well. But she otherwise acted normal. We let her be and eventually (after a few hours) her red blob detached itself and the bleeding stopped. Now she’s a healthy young 4 month old. If the chick is still acting normal I would wait before culling.

Hello. My chick just hatched and it just kind of has a red squishy thing coming out of it. It doesn’t look like a typical umbilical yolk situation.
It’s bleeding a little not a lot. Otherwise the chick is acting like a normal hatched chick. Running around chirping and sleeping. I just am hoping I don’t have to mercy. That would break my heart.
where is it located? Im no sure, but maybe if you have clamps you could clamp it?

Back
Top Bottom