Rescued pigeon with severe open wound

aa_02

Hatching
Sep 20, 2024
I took home this injured pigeon almost 8hrs ago. I thought it only had a broken leg but unfortunately, it has a huge open wound under its wings. I don’t have any idea what could have cause the injury tho (i’ll attach a photo below). I don’t think I could take it to the vet since i already ask the ones nearby and sadly they only caters cats and dogs.

I tried to feed him an electrolyte solution (water with a pinch of sugar and salt) but he doesn’t want to even if i put his beak on the solution. I also tried to clean his wound with a mixture of warm water, salt, and betadine.

I wanted to ask what more could I do to help this poor fella. It was actually my first time encountering this situation so I really don’t have any idea. All I did so far was just from what I’ve searched on the internet. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here’s the photo of its wound (warning: graphic content)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 11
Clip all feathers away from the wound, & give it a good cleaning. Add plain triple antibiotic ointment on it, or plain Neosporin.

Can you get better up close pictures of the wound in better lighting so we can see it with more detail?

Back
Top Bottom