Respiratory issues! Noticed the same in all threads!!

raptorgrlTX

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2022
I have been researching to find out what is wrong with my chickens in the last 30 days. Came to my favorite site to get some answers and noticed alot of people seem to be having the same issue in the last few months. I have stopped using big box stores feed recently (TS) because I noticed a change in quality and never having what I needed. When I research what everyone else is dealing with, I noticed it has been very recent, as in this year. I'm not one to believe people would deliberately hurt us....but damn....alot of us seem to be dealing with a new onset of respiratory issues with our chickens. What is going on and please help. Luckily I have only had to put 1 chicken down and a Roo recovered. I don't want to loose my dream flock!

It's because the weather is changing and many people (that I've seen) are not using proper practices for ventilation and quarantine.
The feed is fine. Food does not cause respiratory issues.
Please edit your post, this is a family friendly site. :]

It's because the weather is changing and many people (that I've seen) are not using proper practices for ventilation and quarantine.
The feed is fine. Food does not cause respiratory issues.
Please edit your post, this is a family friendly site. :]

I do understand this is a family friendly site and am just noticing a trend on an issue I was researching. Telling me I need to edit my post and that I am not realizing this is a family friendly site is not fare to a fellow chicken tender....who does in fact have plenty of ventilation free range and try and give my chickens the care they deserve as a living creature. I am not sure what part of my post was so offensive when I was asking a question.

I do understand this is a family friendly site and am just noticing a trend on an issue I was researching. Telling me I need to edit my post and that I am not realizing this is a family friendly site is not fare to a fellow chicken tender....who does in fact have plenty of ventilation free range and try and give my chickens the care they deserve as a living creature. I am not sure what part of my post was so offensive when I was asking a question.
I not referring to your set up, because you didn't mention it at all, I'm saying that's what I've been seeing in similar threads

You didn't mention how you kept your birds or what symptoms you're seeing.
What were/are you feeding? Coop size?
Bedding? litter? Crumbles or pellets?
Any ash, DE?
W ecan't help what you don't mention.

Most places have been hot at dusty to now torrential storms or worse, that's horrible on a birds delicate respiratory system.

Many retailers, especially food retailers are having issues with stock right now, it happens. you can order in needed products to the store, it's simple, I've done it a few times.

Back
Top Bottom