Roosters

Lybsterharbour

Chirping
Apr 20, 2020
My wife decided to let one of our chickens stay on her eggs. We now have 12 Chicks , 2 weeks old . Knowing that if we give away any roosters they are sure for the pot, my question is, if I make individual enclosures for any roosters we have will they be happy ? . My only concern is the welfare of the roosters. I have plenty space for them .
Thanks in advance .

My wife decided to let one of our chickens stay on her eggs. We now have 12 Chicks , 2 weeks old . Knowing that if we give away any roosters they are sure for the pot, my question is, if I make individual enclosures for any roosters we have will they be happy ? . My only concern is the welfare of the roosters. I have plenty space for them .
Thanks in advance .
Welcome to BYC! :frow

How many hens do you have in total?

Depending on the amount of hens and the space in your coop and run you may even be able to keep one or two males with the hens.
Or build individual coops and runs for each male to have their own flock.

In case you also free range, they can all do so freely and go back to their respective coops in the evening.

Or have a bachelor coop and run far away from your hens for the surplus males to stay in, so your hens will not be stressed and overbred.

Back
Top Bottom