Sally's GF3 thread

A really good breeze will lift them up and toss them on the ground. How do I know this? Trust me, I know this.
I have done hang drying on hangers also. Usually inside utility/laundry room. There may be a way to minimize the falling outdoors,,, by clipping the hangers to the clothesline. You just need a few extra clothespins. :idunno 2 to hold shirt on hanger. 1 to hold hanger on clothesline.:thumbsup
Have to be the spring loaded style.
image_2024-06-18_001202943.png

I know the fresh air smell from outdoor drying is amazing :love

I have found a way to keep the T-shirts/hangers safely on the line, and that's to pin one of the sleeves to the clothesline as well. Easy when it's a long sleeved shirt, a little awkward for short sleeved.

I wear long sleeved, white T-shirts when I work in the garden. I get men's crew neck in a too-large-for-me size, and cut the cuffs off the sleeves. The sleeves keep my arms from burning to a crisp. The white color helps keep me cool, and the over-size is loose and billow-y.

On days like we're having now, I also put one of those cooling rags around my neck. I still sweat, but then I have the effect of evaporative cooling to help me stay comfortable. Comfortable-ish.

Another bonus of the oversized white T-shirt: I can use it to wipe my face. Or my hands. I don't care if it gets stained; it's a garden shirt. It should be dirty, or I won't look like a gardener who actually does any work.

Back
Top Bottom