Selling price for older purple guinea keets?

Northwoodsguineas

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Northwestern WI, Ladysmith
Anyone have an idea what older guinea keets in the 4 to 7 week range would sell for compared to day old?

A leader in our school 4-H club told us we could easily sell extra keets in our local area. We are going to have a few dozen more purple guinea keets than we have room to winter.

I know what eggs and day old keets sell for, but have not seen many older birds for sell. The hatcheries get between $2 and $3.50 for day old keets. What is reasonable to ask for an individual to ask for a 6 week old bird? Thanks to all

Where are you from????

I have seen keets and adult guinea go for anywhere from $2 a bird up to $25 a bird....I think it just depends on where you are and what the supply and demand is...

I personally won't pay high prices for them...

I know a few years ago you couldn't give them away...No one wanted them around here. Now people are trying to sell them as if they were the last ones on earth and then they end up taking them home....

I have paid...$4 for 2 week old keets. That's about my limit when it comes to them. Maybe I am cheap...I don't know...

We are in the Ladysmith, WI area. We live in the sticks and are overrun with ticks and mosquitoes. We started out with 15 purple guinea keets last year and are now working on a new predator resistant coop with motion detectors, lights, and alarms. It's war with the weasels, owls, coons, fishers, etc.

We have two incubators going and have 50+ week old in a brooder. If we can sell enough to defray the cost we'll be happy.

I suspect locally we will do well to get $4 a keet.
Regards

I'd try for $5 and be talked down to $4 for that old, especially if they buy a couple.

These are the prices I was getting in TN.

Of course it depends on your market, you might have to go down to $3.

Last week I sent the last of my guineas to a local auction and got $9.50 each for them. They were 8 wks old and some were purple but the rest were pearls. I was a little surprised they went for that much.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom