Set Eggs Yesterday Morning for the BIG Hatch...Total count is....

I have some SF's in my bator two and only two are developing out of four. So I am really hoping they are ok. I have heard such great things about them. I hope it works out for you. I also have silkies/ sizzles and a few BB Red OEGB's too. I am on day 8 and I am so excited.

Marie

Thanks, Marie. I have also heard great things about them, although I really never thought about having any. I'm not much for feathered feet and beards, LOL! However, if it's a pullet, she will be staying!

I am confused. Which day are they supposed to pip? And what day do they hatch? I thought they pipped and hatched on day 21. I did hear peeping-a couple of eggs on both sides of the bator. And I saw two eggs wiggle-finally!

So when do I expect to see the actual chick out of the shell-day 21?

Last edited:
They usually pip within 12-24 hours of hatching, so it could pip the day before it actually makes it out of the shell. My first baby I ever hatched, however, pipped, zipped and was out in 15 minutes! You could still be seeing babies hatching a day or two after day 21 or even a day before. The baby I mentioned hatched 8 hours before any other egg and she was a day early, too.

Last edited:
Cynthia, I'm dying to know what the mystery dumpster egg turns out to be. What a special egg. I always count things like that to be fate. You were meant to have that chicken for some reason and it was meant to have you. How very good of yall to go digging through the trash looking for eggs. I would do the same thing!! Very sweet of yall. Can't wait to hear what it turns out to be! Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom