Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Interesting.
Here the farmers markets (there are 3 within a fifteen minute drive of me) have a mix of actual farmers (meat, fruit and veg) and the kinds of home kitchen goods you describe.
Once the season gets going we also get a lot of farm stands - basically tables by the side of the road with mainly fruit and veg but often honey as well.
I think many of those carry eggs but I haven’t paid attention to buying eggs as my chickens supply what I need.
There's a farmers market 3 towns over that I used to go to before covid. They have a lot of traditional veggies, fruit, and meat. Also knife sharpener guy, leather works, Craft and kitchen cottage stuff. It was shut down for a year or 2 because of covid, even though it's outside. The vendor I used to get meat from, found a small organic grocery store chain to carry their stuff. So they are no longer at farmers markets. I have been trading turkeys eggs and birds for meats so I haven't had a reason to go.

Yes. This.
I am lucky enough to have a half dozen established peach trees and they only just finished flowering.
I guess peaches at this time of year must come from the Southern hemisphere.
Our peach, apple and almond trees are loaded with fruit, or were before the severe thunderstorms and tornado that went through Wednesday night. I have been afraid to go out and look. We were lucky, the tornado did not actually touch down on our property, but it got dicey for a bit. Chicken facilities withstood it all with no damage though.

20240510_090049.jpg

Got the slag coming off in big chunks 😎

Attachments

• 20240510_090049.jpg
    20240510_090049.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 3
Interesting.
Here the farmers markets (there are 3 within a fifteen minute drive of me) have a mix of actual farmers (meat, fruit and veg) and the kinds of home kitchen goods you describe.
Once the season gets going we also get a lot of farm stands - basically tables by the side of the road with mainly fruit and veg but often honey as well.
I think many of those carry eggs but I haven’t paid attention to buying eggs as my chickens supply what I need.
There are roadside stands here too, eggs, oranges and honey.

Back
Top Bottom