Surprise rooster breed

flock 603

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2014
New Hampshire
My starlight green egger hen…wasn’t…
Two of my 10 chicks ended up dudes.

This guy, affectionately named “Kiwi” by my kids, is super handsome.

Any breed ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Is there a reason you wouldn't think starlight green egger cockerel?

Because I can’t find a single picture of one that resembles him?

I’ve looked a bit and can’t find anything labeled starlight green egged that looks like him
I don't know much about them but I think they're a mixed breed made from a different mixed breed and thought I heard they can be a huge variety of patterns.
Now that I think about it idk if I've ever even seen a pic of a cockerel or rooster.
Looks like he has the slightest bit of a crest. Does he?

Because I can’t find a single picture of one that resembles him?

I’ve looked a bit and can’t find anything labeled starlight green egged that looks like him
Starlight Green Eggers are created from a cross of three different breeds. The first cross is a prairie bluebell created from crossing a leghorn and a Araucana. Then they cross the prairie bluebell with any brown egg laying breed they chiose. This means Starlight Green Eggers can come in any color and just about any random pattern that comes out of that mix. You can’t go by pictures because you could get just about anything with that mix.

I
Starlight Green Eggers are created from a cross of three different breeds. The first cross is a prairie bluebell created from crossing a leghorn and a Araucana. Then they cross the prairie bluebell with any brown egg laying breed they chiose. This means Starlight Green Eggers can come in any color and just about any random pattern that comes out of that mix. You can’t go by pictures because you could get just about anything with that mix.
gotcha. So there’s no real way to tell just by a photo?
I’ve looked at hundreds of pictures and have seen some similar as green eggers but similar in others as well. Makes sense with them being such a cross.

I don't know much about them but I think they're a mixed breed made from a different mixed breed and thought I heard they can be a huge variety of patterns.
Now that I think about it idk if I've ever even seen a pic of a cockerel or rooster.
Looks like he has the slightest bit of a crest. Does he?
A little bit of a tuft/crest up top, yea.

It has legbar somewhere in its blood.
I don't trust anything Hoover's website says and they mix so many birds it's hard to say for certain besides its a mixed breed.
He’s a handsome stud. Good bird. We had to try the no crow collars for the neighbors sake but we’re doing well so far

Back
Top Bottom