temperature reading

Brocksss

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2024
Hey guys. Doing my first run in a Farm innovators 2450 circulated air incubator. I’m having some trouble with the temperature reading though. In the incubator I have a digital thermometer reading 100.6° and an analog thermometer reading about 97° and the incubator is set at 106°. Could the incubator calibration be this far off? I set the digital thermometer on top of my houses thermostat earlier and it was reading about 3° higher than the temperature setting in my home so that tracks with the analog thermometer which is reading 3° lower than the digital. I didn’t do this test with the analog but just pulled them both back out of the incubator and set them on my thermostat again to check both the analog and digital compared to my home’s thermostat. Any other ideas? Could the incubator temp setting be that far off?

That's further than mine are, but I have four incubators and only one is right. The others are off at most 3 degrees.

I use a couple of Govee thermometer/hygrometers in my incubators and brooders. If you get a chance to look those up on Amazon, there's several models, some less expensive ones, and ones not too badly priced are blue tooth so you can see the settings on your phone. For a bit more you can get wifi ones.

Welcome to BYC! I wish you a great hatch!

Back
Top Bottom