Théo and the chickens des Sauches

Good bye, Blanche. I had come to believe you would live forever.

1 May 2021.
View attachment 3827327
Farewell Blanche, you will be very missed around the world. Your joy in the little things in life, whenever you had the energy to do so, was an inspiration for us all.

Manue - I know you will be feeling very sad and knowing you, probably guilty for something. But in my humble opinion you did right by this little soul. She died on her own terms, would that all could be so lucky, and her last months had many small moments of joy with treats, and digging and lounging in the sun.

:hugs to you as I know you will miss her.
❤️ for her journey through life.

Thank you all so much for the kind thoughts. I feel so dumb bawling for a chicken that I knew would die, your support means a lot.
Manue - I know you will be feeling very sad and knowing you, probably guilty for something. But in my humble opinion you did right by this little soul. She died on her own terms, would that all could be so lucky, and her last months had many small moments of joy with treats, and digging and lounging in the sun.

:hugs to you as I know you will miss her.
❤️ for her journey through life.
Beautiful words. I don't feel guilty for once, because in her case I'm sure we did what she wanted in the end.

I have been worrying she would die for such a long time, since she didn't recover from the hawk attack at Christmas 2022, that now she's gone I feel disoriented, and sad, and also relieved her suffering is over.
I'll post some pictures and stories tomorrow or some days later when I feel up to it !

Back
Top Bottom