Thank you notes in egg boxes

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
I have been wanting to add a thank you note in the boxes of eggs I ship out. I am not very flowery when talking/writing, so I thought I would ask everyone about it.

Have you gotten a thank you note? Did you enjoy reading it? Was it appreciated or a waste of time in your opinion? What did it say? What would you have liked it to say? What would you write?

Thanks for your help!

bun.gif

I've never shipped/received shipped eggs so I've never gotten a note, but if I were to ship eggs I would leave a note about what the eggs were (breed) just in case and so the receiver knows that what they're getting is what they wanted, and if it was for a BYCer I would write something like "Good luck! -from a fellow BYCer" or something like that.
tongue.png
Or if it was for someone else I would say something like "Hope they all arrived safely! Good luck!"
idunno.gif

I have put notes in boxes. For suprise swaps I told what I had included, for egg buyers I wish them luck and give them my email and a list of the breeds I sell if they want more in the future.

I planned to give a list of the birds in the pen and pictures of parents when I ship out my eggs. Also little yay hope your hatch goes awesome notes would warm my heart. Just a email/call anytime with ?s would be comforting.

I am about to ship my first eggs. They will be sent with my phone number and email and website address. I am also sending some information about the importance of resting shipped eggs and some helpful information about incubating- temps and humidity- and also hints on ways I have found I get a better hatch result.

I wanted to design a logo to stick onto the box as well..But cant seem to get it quite right on the computer yet.

Hi Tonya!
I usually include a note / packing sheet / invoice dealie in my egg boxes (it's the last thing that goes in the box before I tape it shut).
I've always worried what would happen if the address on the outside of the box got messed up and couldn't be read --- so the note has the 'ship to' address, my contact info, # of eggs purchased and price, what the eggs are, and "Happy Hatching!".

I can't recall anyone commenting on it (probably think it's silly), but it makes me feel better knowing it's there.

The only time I ever got a note (card) in an egg box was from Jody (Hinkjc) and thought it was the nicest thing. I don't remember what the eggs were, but I remember the quote on the card --- "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings a tune without words.".
It's funny the little things that stick with you.
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom