The Nice Rooster/Cockerel Thread

Pics

SwampPrincessChick

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2022
The Swamp
Whether your rooster/cockerel is very friendly to humans, is exceptionally nice to hens, or even has a dog/other animal they like to hang out with, this is the thread that you can post them in!

This is Odie, a six-month-old cockerel I hatched myself. His dam is a Rhode Island Red Bantam, Ruby, and his sire is an Old English Game Bantam/Dutch Bantam hybrid, Jasper. When he was a chick, his name was originally Odelia, but he was quick to grow up and show his male features, so his name changed to Odie. While Odie is aggressive to females and therefore cannot live with them, I was hoping for a cockerel who loves me, and that is just what Odie is. He enjoys being with humans, especially me, and even comes inside the house. Odie always wants to make sure he is taking care of me first and food-clucks for me when he finds a tasty treat, and will defend me from any other male chicken that gets too close to me.
1000012194.jpg

Whether your rooster/cockerel is very friendly to humans, is exceptionally nice to hens, or even has a dog/other animal they like to hang out with, this is the thread that you can post them in!

This is Odie, a six-month-old cockerel I hatched myself. His dam is a Rhode Island Red Bantam, Ruby, and his sire is an Old English Game Bantam/Dutch Bantam hybrid, Jasper. When he was a chick, his name was originally Odelia, but he was quick to grow up and show his male features, so his name changed to Odie. While Odie is aggressive to females and therefore cannot live with them, I was hoping for a cockerel who loves me, and that is just what Odie is. He enjoys being with humans, especially me, and even comes inside the house. Odie always wants to make sure he is taking care of me first and food-clucks for me when he finds a tasty treat, and will defend me from any other male chicken that gets too close to me.
View attachment 3943660
Wow, he is gorgeous! ❤️ I am glad he's a sweet boy, I love the friendly guys!! :love

This is Charlie, he's a bit of a butthead but only when the hens are watching 😂. Once he's out of their sight, he melts in my arms like butter. He's a very chatty little guy and will carry on a little clucking commentary on everything that catches his attention, which is constantly everything within a ten foot radius.
View attachment 3943663
Oh he's adorable! ❤️ Tries to play it cool, eh? Tell him we are on to his type. 🤣

Here is Uncle Baby, he is great with his hens so far and they all have accepted him. He isn't aggressive but he is always looking after each hen, especially when I try to get them out of my garden beds he will run over and yell at me to stop yelling at the hen haha. He is kinda shy and doesn't like being picked up, although he is pretty good once you got em.
1000003944.jpg

Last edited:
This is Rettle (2 yrs), Porcelain d’Anvers. He’s very insistant with trying to get me to hold him or sit on my lap. If I don’t pick him up right away, he circles around me, and pulls at my clothes, until I finally pick him up. Then he falls asleep in my arms. I love this sweet little guy a lot. ❤️
IMG_1846.jpeg

Here is Uncle Baby, he is great with his hens so far and they all have accepted him. He isn't aggressive but he is always looking after each hen, especially when I try to get them out of my garden beds he will run over and yell at me to stop yelling at the hen haha. He is kinda shy and doesn't like being held, although he is pretty good once you pick em up.
View attachment 3943687
Pretty! :love

This is Rettle (2 yrs), Porcelain d’Anvers. He’s very insistant with trying to get me to hold him or sit on my lap. If I don’t pick him up right away, he circles around me, and pulls at my clothes, until I finally pick him up. Then he falls asleep in my arms. I love this sweet little guy a lot. ❤️
View attachment 3943711
Oh he is adorable! :love He sounds like a real sweetheart! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom