Thoughts on how I should treat this?

CHlCKEN

Addict
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
This started off as just a very small dot of irritation. Decided to use a drawing salve to bring it to the surface and see if it was a cause for concern. After just three days of wrapping and Ichthammol it looked like this.
IMG_0866.jpeg

After four days that black part was loose so I pulled it off along with some of the contents. I wasn't planning to remove it yet but it seemed ready.
IMG_0867.jpeg

The next day I was surprised to see it hadn't scabbed over at all. Little healing was apparent.
CCC5E8DA-1776-4A86-ADC6-CDCE8F724A19.jpeg

Today it looked like this.
IMG_1010.jpeg
I don't know how I feel about what I'm seeing. Not sure if I should start the drawing salve again and see what else I can pull to the surface, or just treat as is with veterycin and Neosporin. It's hot to the touch and extremely swollen. There is another site of bumblefoot on the lower part of this foot pad that is refusing to heal so it is hard to tell which site most of the swelling is actually from. I have some anti inflammatory pills I could give her if anyone thinks that could be beneficial. I was planning to be out of town this weekend but I just don't want to leave this untreated for any amount of time.

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpeg
    IMG_0867.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I would soak it to soften it, and then try squeezing the solid pus out of the bumblefoot. The infection needs to come out. If it has scabbed up again, try to soften it and remove it. Sometimes there is a lot of squeezing needed to treat bumblefoot.

Back
Top Bottom