Twin duck embryo on day 22 need prayers

cristineb

Hatching
5 Years
May 10, 2014
Ok this is the 1st time I have incubated an egg, I don't have an incubator so I just made 1 out of light, heating pad and bowl of water, around here we have many wild ducks and geese that lay near doctors office so they tossed this females clutch toward the road, I was not sure if they were alive and I did lose all but 1 and it happens to be twins and they are on day 22 started incubation april 18/19. Both move around and kick 1 is on 1 side of the egg and the other is well on the other side. you can see both bills when candeling. I have heard they die and am praying they will not. my mom has a farm for them with a pond if they make it. What should I look for if they become distressed they both look to be doing great and will have camera ready if they hatch. Will I need to help them or should they be fine. Their veins look fine and it was a double yolk. They do look smaller in size than 22 day size but they have been right on track with when everything was supposed to start developing. anyways everyone send prayers its the only egg that made it and it will break my heart if they die.

Last edited:
I really hope they come out alive!
fl.gif
Any updates?

I will let everyone know ill try and get some pics. just don't want to mess with them too much but they both are lively seen their little feet

Ok both twins are actively moving on there sides of the egg I am thinking it is actually day 24 and not 23 I wrote down each phase of growth,so Im expecting a hatch date of 15th or 16th. I have been begging the big man upstairs to keep em going and when they hatch ill film it. so far so good for the babies

Back
Top Bottom