unique packaging ideas for giving eggs

whatsup chickenbutt

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Im trying to avoid buying egg cartons, because for one thing, when i give a dozen eggs away, it cleans me out for a while. I would love to be able to give 1/2 a dozen away at a time, but Im trying to come up with a cute packaging idea that doesnt cost a lot. Any ideas? I thought about little brown paper shopping bags, with shredded brown paper curls to help absorb bumping, they're pretty cheap, but dont know if this is a good way to pass eggs along. But think it would be really cute.

How about some kind of small box. I'm imaging a large size box for packaging fudge/candy. You could use shredded paper or even cut cardboard to fit in and seperate the eggs. Then you could tie a strip of fabric around it, with a bow at the top.

Well, not sure how much is too much to spend... at this site, http://www.eggcartons.com/product-exec/product_id/663/nm/Twin_6_Egg_Mis_Printed_Cartons_EGP6MP
you
can get mis-printed cartons for less than $0.50 each, but I couuld see how that might be rather wastefull too. You can make labels to stick over re-cycled supermarket cartons, not sure how expensive that would turn out, but you can use the free software from the Avery site I listed below.

I made a template for labels using a picture Tiramisu posted a while ago. (such a perfect Pic!) It can be printed on Avery Label # 8768. best way to get it to print is by using the free Avery DesignPro program from the Avery web site.

There are other ways to get it to print, but the free software is extremely simple to use. Here is the link if anyone wants it. Avery Download Seriously the free-ware makes it easiest to paste pics and get more than one to print out properly.

I've done it in the past using PowerPoint, and Word Tables and all sorts of things, but it is often quite annoying doing that (and I used to have to make all kinds of presentations for bosses (yes plural, many bosses at one time, AAKK! so I got good at manipulating pics and such for presentations).

I just made funny little saying for this one, but a gift tag, farm name, address, phone number or whatever else anyone wants can easily be added.

Here's a pic of what the one I made looks like. Anyone with that Avery program can make their own very like it using that free software and Avery labels, or, skip buying the labels, use just plain cardstock and spray adhesive if you're crafty enough!!

GotEggs_V_lbl.jpg

What about asking friends, neighbors, co-workers to save you their cartons. Then you can paint and decorate the cartons and even cut them down to your desired size (6 eggs)

You know those tins that are ever popular for Christmas foods? I use those and require they be returned for refill. A dozen fits in a medium sized round tin.

I really wanted a cute way to package my eggs. I since have been given an order of the 1/2 dozen round plastic containers for my birthday.. YAY!!
ya.gif

But FYI, before that, I bought small brown gift bags with handles, and filled them with shredded crinkly white paper and put about 8 eggs in them. It was really cute. And I got the bags for about $3 for 15 and then the bags of crinkly shredded paper for a couple dollars.

Last edited:
I bought a big box of eggcartons misprints also, and people usually bring back empty cartons, also when people knew we had chickens for eggs, everyone we knew kept asking us if we wanted them to save us egg cartons! They were happy to give us some instead of throwing them away!!!

Quote:
I sell eggs at a small local farmers market. I put them in the little brown bags. I have been selling them in the brown bags for 2 years now. I too did not want the extra expense of having to buy egg cartons…
roll.png
As is I am not making any profit on my eggs just trying to help pay for their feed. I had a rubber stamp made at http://www.thestampmaker.com you can design a custom rubber stamp online to say what ever you want. It turned out very cute! You can also add clip art. I put a little chicken on top then put…
Country Fresh
EGGS
from “The Cowart’s Coop”

Then I added my contact info so they can call me if they want to pick up eggs from my home. I don’t even put anything in the bottom of the bag. I do keep a few cartons for those people that have to have a carton… but the majority of the people are fine with the brown bags. So since you just want to give half a dozen at a time they should fit even better in the brown bags than putting a dozen in like I do.

Just go make yourself a cute little stamp to put on the brown bag!
thumbsup.gif
It has worked fine for me.

smile.png
Mitzi

I usually only give away 1/2 dozen at a time. I use recycled cardboard egg cartons and use a bread knife to saw the carton in two, being careful to divide it evenly. I've never decorated it, but you could wrap a nice wired ribbon around the outside of the carton.
idunno.gif

Quote:

I sell eggs at a small local farmers market. I put them in the little brown bags. I have been selling them in the brown bags for 2 years now. I too did not want the extra expense of having to buy egg cartons
roll.png
As is I am not making any profit on my eggs just trying to help pay for their feed. I had a rubber stamp made at http://www.thestampmaker.com you can design a custom rubber stamp online to say what ever you want. It turned out very cute! You can also add clip art. I put a little chicken on top then put
Country Fresh
EGGS
from The Cowarts Coop

Then I added my contact info so they can call me if they want to pick up eggs from my home. I dont even put anything in the bottom of the bag. I do keep a few cartons for those people that have to have a carton but the majority of the people are fine with the brown bags. So since you just want to give half a dozen at a time they should fit even better in the brown bags than putting a dozen in like I do.

Just go make yourself a cute little stamp to put on the brown bag!
thumbsup.gif
It has worked fine for me.

smile.png
Mitzi
Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom