Weird poop

Pandi

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2024
One of my chickens pooped this today, and I can't tell what's going on. I started them on poultry cell in their water 2 days ago. Could this have anything to do with it, or is there a bigger problem here? I have them on medicated crumbles (they're all 8-14 weeks old) just in case, but this worries me.
1000026296.jpg

How are they acting?

Vitamins can color the poop and sometimes cause some loose stools.

What's the reason for the Poultry Cell?
I do the poultry cell because I moved them to another stall in the barn, plus I had medicated crumbles as their starter feed, and I know that can deplete vitamins. I'm addition to that, there was a span of a week that had days over 95 degrees and nights that never got below 70.

Most of my chickens are acting normal, but one was lethargic today, and she's persistently had issues with diarrhea. I've had her on and off probiotics and electrolytes. The vet said she is fine, but the vets around here are mostly dog and cat vets.

My silkie pen has one 9 week old and a 4 month old who have lethargy, too. I'm trying to find a place to do fecal floating. I have experience with rescuing parakeets and parrots, but learning the chicken poop health indicators is tricky.

Is the poop from the lethargic ones?

If so, then I'd treat with Corid, especially if you have moved them to new "ground".

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Back
Top Bottom