What color peachicks come from these?

Lollyto5

Hatching
Jul 3, 2024
I hatched 9 chicks in my incubator this spring (first time trying this) and I got 3 white chicks and the rest are split to white. That's about all I am confident about. The chicks are from two mating pairs
- white male and purple hen
- white male and double white-eyed charcoal hen

What are the other possible colors/patterns of the remaining 6 darker chicks? They all have some white feathers.

Thank you!

As for colors all chicks will be the Wild Type, (IB). The White over Purple hen will produce split to Purple cock chicks and WT hens. All of those chicks will be split to White.

Of the White over WE Charcoal hen... well Charcoal hens do not lay eggs so if anything she may be split to Charcoal and a bout 12% of her offspring will carry Charcoal, none will look Charcoal. White over WE will produce White, split White, and single factor WE.

You will have surprise chicks as well as it is nearly impossible to know what other genes the White daddies carry and what other pattern splits the hens have as well. For example the White cocks could be a color as well with the white covering that color, they could also be Black Shoulder or split to BS and you would not know by looking at them. The same holds true for the Purple, she could be hiding BS or even be a Dark Pied. The WE hen may or may not have gotten the Charcoal gene and she could also be hiding a non-sex-linked color as well as the genes that make up WE. Not everything is known about Silver Pied and WE so the workings of those genes is somewhat a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom