what does the quote thingo do?

and how do you get the words under your messages
Like, these words? I pressed “reply”. Honestly, I don’t know what “quote” does either.
Most of the time you don't need to use "Quote". "Reply" will include a quote of the message you are replying to. You can delete that quote if you don't want to use it and just want your own text.

I find "Quote" most useful when I want to quote multiple previous messages (like in this post). Click "Quote" on all messages you want to include in your post. Then you click on "Insert Quotes" in the reply box and add your own reply.

You might want to test it in this thread just to see how it works.

Quotes and replies do the same thing. The main difference is when you hit quote, you are basically making a queue of posts to reply to.
Quoting is used to reply to a post like I am doing right now. It alerts the person you've quoted which makes it easier to insure they see your comment.
I think you are talking about signatures. To create a signature, go to your profile in the top corner. Then go down the drop down and click the signature button.
Screenshot (180).png

When you click quote, it adds the post you want to respond to like I did with your post. You can click on several if you want to respond to several members at one time.

The words beneath the post is your Signature Line. Open your profile and click here and add something you wish to portray....

Screenshot_20240726-073701.png

Back
Top Bottom