What should I price these bracelets at?

Feathyr

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 21, 2014
Idaho
Hey there! I'm hoping to sell these at a local craft fair later in the year and am looking for a reasonable price range. Don't be nice! I'm looking for honesty.

It's difficult getting an idea from similar products on Etsy, because there are so many Alibaba / Amazon resellers who practically give their products away. I'm anticipating complaints - not because of the quality of my products but because of the local economy. I sold produce / eggs at a local farmer's market for years and it was really discouraging experience. Aside from complaints about how they were on a fixed income and / or could grow everything themselves, customers felt that charging $0.25 - $0.75 more than grocery stores (or Walmart) was highway robbery. All this for pesticide free, free-range eggs / produce. They had the guts to tell it to my face, though, so I'll give them points for that. :th

All of these were made from high-quality, durable materials that (according to the supplier) are lead / cadmium-free. Nickel may be present in trace amounts as most stainless-steel contains a bit. Materials include cheesewood, glass, cultured freshwater pearls, agate and amethyst.

20220405_121714.jpg 20220405_121745.jpg 20220405_121836.jpg

These are gorgeous! I'm not exactly sure on the price-I would probably sell them for $10-15 each.

It depends how much the materials cost for each one, though. Because you should definitely be making profit.
I sold produce / eggs at a local farmer's market for years and it was really discouraging experience. Aside from complaints about how they were on a fixed income and / or could grow everything themselves, customers felt that charging $0.25 - $0.75 more than grocery stores (or Walmart) was highway robbery. All this for pesticide free, free-range eggs / produce. They had the guts to tell it to my face, though, so I'll give them points for that. :th
That's awful! I sell eggs for $5 a dozen (mostly to neighbors, though) and they've never complained!

These are gorgeous! I'm not exactly sure on the price-I would probably sell them for $10-15 each.

It depends how much the materials cost for each one, though. Because you should definitely be making profit.

That's awful! I sell eggs for $5 a dozen (mostly to neighbors, though) and they've never complained!
It also really depends on how long it took to make them, price of materials, etc.

I would say about 50% profit is reasonable.

Thank you all for replying! I'm happy to see that they're well-received, you guys really made my day. :)

$10-$15 sounds like an excellent range. I'm not sure what my exact cost was, but that gives me a good margin while still making them affordable.

@Lemon-Drop

That's great that your neighbors support you and your birds! :) $5 doesn't sound bad at all. I remember farm-fresh eggs costing anywhere from $3-$5 per doz. when I still lived in California (about ten years ago.) I don't think a lot of people understand how costly and labor intensive it is to keep poultry, especially if they don't raise animals themselves.

Last edited:
Bare minimum should be your costs and time x2. You will need to decide how much your time is worth in that equation. Depending on materials and time involved, 6.99-19.99 seems to be the range for bracelets like this most places, the simpler ones being on the lower end and the fancier ones with more bling or more expensive materials being higher.

There's a bit of "know your target buyer" and "know your local market's range" you will have to figure out on this too. Pricing for me in AZ may not be the same for people in other places, so yo need to balance your pricing on the edge of what you feel is a reasonable profit and what they buyers will pay.

Along those lines, never be afraid to politely suggest to someone they are free to shop elsewhere if they don't like your pricing. They may be able to get eggs cheaper at walmart (for example) but they're not as good or as fresh, and that's worth extra. Handmade unique items DO cost more to make and will be priced higher. The buyer will have to decide if they are willing to accept that to take home something they like, but you should never feel bad about your prices if you're being fair with them. I love it when people gripe about prices for my paintings. I offer to let them come do one for themselves and charge them for studio time ($60/hr plus materials) if they're "so simple", and they usually shut up after that. I'm not Ikea. You're not getting a piece from me that is one of 200k mass produced for pennies on the dollar and you're not getting it for 30 bucks because that's what somethig similar you saw at Ikea was going for. Feel free to go buy that 30 dollar print then. I won't miss you.

Hey there! I'm hoping to sell these at a local craft fair later in the year and am looking for a reasonable price range. Don't be nice! I'm looking for honesty.

It's difficult getting an idea from similar products on Etsy, because there are so many Alibaba / Amazon resellers who practically give their products away. I'm anticipating complaints - not because of the quality of my products but because of the local economy. I sold produce / eggs at a local farmer's market for years and it was really discouraging experience. Aside from complaints about how they were on a fixed income and / or could grow everything themselves, customers felt that charging $0.25 - $0.75 more than grocery stores (or Walmart) was highway robbery. All this for pesticide free, free-range eggs / produce. They had the guts to tell it to my face, though, so I'll give them points for that. :th

All of these were made from high-quality, durable materials that (according to the supplier) are lead / cadmium-free. Nickel may be present in trace amounts as most stainless-steel contains a bit. Materials include cheesewood, glass, cultured freshwater pearls, agate and amethyst.

View attachment 3050835View attachment 3050837View attachment 3050840
These are really nice. I'm wondering if you are making those round beads yourself? To me that makes a difference. Like others I was thinking $12-15. That's what I would be expecting to pay. I think especially in comparison to Etsy, people should be happy to be able to buy it and take it home and not have to worry about shipping. Also, when I'm at a market or fair, I'm more in the mood to pay "extra" for something, even if I could get a cheap knock off on Amazon.

But please figure your cost of production and look into what is a decent amount of profit.

How frustrating that people nickel and dime you over eggs! If it were me I would be ready with a sympathetic answer along the lines of "oh I 100% understand if you cannot afford to purchase ethically-produced food, the world is definitely not black and white like that! But a lot of people can, and in order to bring about change and also sustain this form of agriculture I have to charge a price that reflects the cost of giving my birds a decent life." Ya, heavy shade being thrown...

Back
Top Bottom