When will my chickens begin to lay

Gdiaz614

Chirping
Aug 17, 2024
Iv had my chickens since 6/1/24. And they haven’t layed any eggs yet. I have various breeds New Hampshire red
Green queens
Splash Americana
Barred rock

When can I expect them to begin laying.

Iv had my chickens since 6/1/24. And they haven’t layed any eggs yet. I have various breeds New Hampshire red
Green queens
Splash Americana
Barred rock

Were they born Jun 1st or did you get them when they were a little grown? If so, do you know how old they are?

Green queens
Splash Americana
Barred rock

Some of that could depend on where you live. Where I live I would be expecting some eggs at about 20 weeks of age give or take a week or two. I have had them start laying in Jan at that age. I also have them lay year round. I live in the South, though.

Some of that could depend on where you live. Where I live I would be expecting some eggs at about 20 weeks of age give or take a week or two. I have had them start laying in Jan at that age. I also have them lay year round. I live in the South, though.
I live in Miami fl.

There is no guarantee
Hope so. Should I switch the feed to layer feed instead of grower feed
There is no guarantee when they will lay. A lot of things play into it like breed, climate, and just the chicken itself. @WingItRanch's took 25 weeks from my calculations. I don't know what kind they were. So, no guarantee, but you can tell when they are getting close when the comb and wattles get pretty red and they start showing interest in the nesting boxes. Or, they may even start squatting for you. You didn't mention a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom