Who Collects CHICKEN Antiques?

cabincrazyone

Songster
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
NE Minnesota
I saw the antiques thread and thought there must be a lot of chicken collections.
I have a few old postcards. I'm not really interested in PC's older than about 1920. The art style on those doesn't do a thing for me. But the PC's from the late 1920's up until 1950 have a style of art that I like. My favorite postcard artist is Roy Walters. His work dates from about 1932 til 1949. I've collected several of his topics, my favorites being traveling and camping, barnyard animals, fishing, and at the beach. The subject matter can be bawdy or racist, but the art work is what I relish.
My collection of poultry PCs is snowbound at the cabin. I've scanned two cards from "Walters' World", a HB collection of his work. Here they are:
RayWalter1.jpg
RayWalters2.jpg

I grab any old poultry equipment I can afford. I have kerosene incubators from the late 1800's, any old chicken crate, feeders, nesting boxes, etc.

Some of the items I use, some I sell, some just sit in the barn. Not sure if I am a collector. I just buy old chicken stuff cause it's cool and relatively inexpensive.

My old tool collection on the other hand can get very, very spendy
wink.png

You're a lot like me. If I go to rummage sales I ask them for the old rusty stuff. There's less and less of it around. I've been dragging stuff home for 40 years.
I see we both like old cars. I love to look at them but I grew tired of working on them many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom