Wildlife Photography

This is my photo 😂 I’ll take that as a compliment though.
You sure can! Thought they were too amazing to be true and saw one picture had a name instead of a number. I thought all uploaded pics on BYC get a number.
Did you post them on another website before you posted (linked) them here?

You sure can! Thought they were too amazing to be true and saw one picture had a name instead of a number. I thought all uploaded pics on BYC get a number.
Did you post them on another website before you posted (linked) them here?

Nope, I just rename my photos sometimes rather than the default numbers from the camera. The only other place they are is on Instagram (account name there is the same - offshoreorca).

Photography is still very much a hobby for me, but I see such neat things during the research surveys and side trips I go on that I make an effort to share them once in a while 🙂

Common bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) breaching off San Cristóbal Island in the Galapagos - with two remora fish attached to it!

View attachment 3814801
Awesome photos!

What do you suppose this mark on the dolphin is? Almost looks like it was impaled with something....

Bott.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_4607.jpeg

Red-legged Partridge Alectoris rufa (Linnaeus, 1758)
Order: Galliformes Family: Phasianidae Status: Breeding in Madeira

Wild partridge on an empty parking. Coming over for an easy meal (people threw bread crumbles out of the car). It hopped on the little wall near me because a car was coming.

Awesome photos!

What do you suppose this mark on the dolphin is? Almost looks like it was impaled with something....

View attachment 3815341

It could be many things - more likely from a parasite or small cookie cutter shark, but it is possible that it has a more nefarious origin. The dolphin is still doing well though, so it has healed up!

Back
Top Bottom