Will my call ducks get any bigger?

BlueO

Songster
Nov 8, 2023
Hello everyone! So this is my first time owning call ducks. I ordered some eggs and three hatched I now have three young call ducks and I’m not sure if they’re gonna get any bigger. I was just wondering what you guys think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
IMG_2209.jpeg

This is Pancake she has already started honking.
IMG_2251.jpeg

This is waffle. Toast was being bad. There both boys.

Attachments

• IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 7
Call ducks are a very small breed, about 1 - 2 lbs. They look fine to me. Due to their small size, they can also fly extremely well, so I hope you have a plan for that!

Call ducks are a very small breed, about 1 - 2 lbs. They look fine to me. Due to their small size, they can also fly extremely well, so I hope you have a plan for that!
Yes I have.😅 Do you know if they will get bigger or are they fully grown?

Oh, I’m sorry you lost your calls. I have three runners, a black Swedish and a golden 300 with three calls. Do you think that will do all right?
They should. I have 19 full size ducks in with my one and she does fine.

Oh good! I wish I could have 20 ducks! I’m glad they do well together. I was pretty worried about that.
I kinda have more than 20…. I have 20 full size and 18 ducklings. The ducklings just don’t live with the ducks yet. We have 5 acres and an old barn. The ducks have a 10’x20’ indoor pen and then a water porch and free range. I can winter over up to 40 easily. But I’m not positive how many I’ll keep. Time will tell.
I love my calls… but mom doesn’t so I’m not getting any more. They are SO cute! They are too loud for mom though.

Back
Top Bottom