you know you're a chicken person when.....

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
when you are watching "River Monsters" and while the host is interviewing a villager in africa, you are completely distracted by a hen and her chicks foraging in the background. I ended up missing the entire interview.
lol.png

I definitely notice chickens more now that we have new feather kids. I like recognizing the breed. When I point out there are different breeds of chickens most people haven't a clue there were more than one variety. Makes me feel special. :D

I definitely notice chickens more now that we have new feather kids. I like recognizing the breed. When I point out there are different breeds of chickens most people haven't a clue there were more than one variety. Makes me feel special.
big_smile.png

When I do that usually they look at me as a freak. And I feel not normal...I don't why it affects me. Anyway I don't want to be normal.

Haha that always happens to me! I was watching an episode of NCIS and they went to a farm that had chickens in the background. I was so fixated on the chicks that I missed the whole scene.

I do that too! I don't see anything for chickens.

River monsters is a awesome show and I agree on the feathered ones drawing my attention.

River monsters is a awesome show and I agree on the feathered ones drawing my attention.
love the show. Speaking of chicken people, yesterday My sister, a friend and I were preparing to go to open mic night at a local arts center, and I had my car doors open.

I Had to pry the dog out who was determined to go with us, and every time i turned around there as a chicken in the car.

Our mother was laughing and said " You know you're country when you have to get a dog and two chickens out of your car before you can go anywhere."

Last edited:
When you see buildings when you are driving around and you think.........................that would make a great coop!

And yeah, I notice the chickens in the movies too. Watched the first Ghost Rider movie with my son last weekend and there's a scene with chickens.

I totally scope out buildings for future chicken use too Happy Chooks. And then I wonder why in the world they haven't gotten chickens in those buildings!

I also went on a weekend vacation to Kelly's Island with friends and we had to repeatedly bicycle by one particular yard so I could see all the kinds of chickens they had out and about.

I also pause television or movies anytime there are chickens on them to see what kind they are, etc.

Yep, chicken freak I am.

I was blessed by the "Egg lady" name at the local food bank, I hadn't been there recently due to a fox attack a few weeks ago, and when I dropped off a few dozen eggs last Friday, they said they had missed me. I love that.

I am happy being the mildly eccentric (eggcentric) chicken lady. If you have to be known for something, really, it's not that bad!

Back
Top Bottom