Zucchini plants need some help!

CCsGarden

๐•ท๐–†๐–š๐–‰๐–Š๐–™๐–š๐–— ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–š๐–˜ ๐•ฎ๐–๐–—๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™๐–š๐–˜!
Premium Feather Member
Apr 23, 2023
TX
Hello all!
I seem to be having trouble with my zucchini plants. Could anyone tell me how big a zucchini fruit is 3 days after blooming? Do the first couple zucchini fruits not make it because they are small? I have 3 that will not get big and are turning yellow. If any one has any advice please share it to me!

Thank you! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Last edited:
Do you have both male and female blossoms?

When we had our really hot spell, my zucchini plants were producing only male blossoms, so I wasn't getting any zucchini.

I have had other squash plants produce only male blossoms in years past too. Very disappointing, because there was nothing I could do about it.

I have both . The fruit starts to grow and then stops and dies.

It sounds like poor pollination.
I just googled it and that's what it said! Thank you all for helping me figure this out! Is there any way I can pollinate the plants myself?

I just googled it and that's what it said! Thank you all for helping me figure this out! Is there any way I can pollinate the plants myself?

Yes. A q-tip and transfer pollen from male to female flowers.
They don't stay open long at all. Another way is to pick the male flower and transfer directly using the stamen.

Yes. A q-tip and transfer pollen from male to female flowers.
They don't stay open long at all. Another way is to pick the male flower and transfer directly using the stamen.
I get up early so I will do that right after I water ๐Ÿฅฐ

I put pollen on the female flower this morning! Do you all think it will grow a big fruit now?
P1040823.JPG

This is one from a few years ago. Do you think the one above will grow this big?
IMG_7771.JPG

Back
Top Bottom