1 y.o. laying coturnix hen in need of rehome (supplies available)

calicocows

Crowing
Mar 14, 2023
Virginia
Unfortunately, I think it’s time for this leg of my quail journey to come to an end. I have two coturnix hens, one of which has poor health and I have decided to euthanize. Rather than get a new hen, I would like to rehome Waffles, my healthy quail. I got her from a craigslist breeder (I know better now), but she has laid daily all spring and summer. She is right around a year old, having hatched in late May of 23. She’s an enthusiastic eater, pretty skittish, and an escape artist. Her nails may need trims, as they seem to grow fast.
I have a hand built rabbit hutch that she currently lives in that is roughly 7 sq ft. I’m happy to grab dimensions. I have installed spring loaded latches for raccoon proofing. Despite several attempts, no predators have gotten in. I have a bin with probably 30 lbs of 22% protein meat bird crumble, as well as 2 little giant quart waterers and 1 feeder of the same type. I have a bag each of dried BSFL and oyster shell. I’m happy to give supplies along with Waffles, prices to be negotiated. For reference, the hutch was $150 and the most expensive thing.
Waffles has not been tested, vaccinated, or treated for anything. I make no guarantees about parasites or diseases she may have, as I have no idea. She seems to be in very good health, though.
I’d really rather not ship, but if you’re within driving distance of DC, feel free to offer/ask :)
More photos and info available upon request!

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpeg
    IMG_0337.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4180.jpeg
    IMG_4180.jpeg
    526.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom