kacokaco

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2017
Pisgah Forest, NC
Batch of roos I am listing before they go to the freezer in a month, all from Sand Hill Preservation. I included their catalog description for each breed but the forums contain a lot more information. I can provide more photos for each bird.
Dork2.jpg
BP1.jpg
NorJ3.jpg

(1) Black Penedescenca- Black Minorca-like chicken with a unique single comb that has almost a crown at the back side. They lay a dark brown egg. They have an unusual comb - - - single in the front with multiple lobes at the rear. Our strain tends to not have the pure white earlobes. We strive to select for darkest egg first, comb type second. Our males tend to have bright, white earlobes and the proper combs. These have not yet been admitted to the APA Standard.

(2) Flame Jaerhon- The genetics of the Norwegian Jaerhon produces some off-types. This darker version, considered not proper for Norwegian Jaerhons, is a beautiful and hardy selection. The males are a cuckoo pattern with brilliant flame orange-red hackles, neck and wing patches. Much hardier than the regular Norwegian Jaerhons. Not perfected and not in the APA Standard. There are off-types in this breed. Strictly for the person wishing a colorful layer.

(1) Dark Grey Dorking - An ancient breed having been described by Julius Caesar. Slow growing, but constant and thrifty foragers. All Dorkings make wonderful dual purpose birds for eggs and meat. The egg color is a tinted white. Skin and leg color are white. They all possess a fifth toe. Slightly variable in color, but similar to Dark Brahmas in color.

Back
Top Bottom