3 Month old goat pregnant?

Apr 3, 2019
Olympia Washington
I have 2 Nigerian dwarf kids they are about 3 months old, one is a weather and the other is a doeling. I shouldn't be worried about her being pregnant, right? I feel her udders and they feel like really small balloons when we first got her they were flat and felt like nothing. When we got her she was with 5 boys one being her brother and one other girl, our neighbors got the other five. We had them for about a week and then we banded the male, we read that they are still fertile two weeks after. there was a lot of mounting of the two girls since they were the only ones. she may or may not be pregnant. I just got concerned because she is so young and when I felt her udder it felt different.
Can they even get pregnant this young? Hope you guys can help.

I would say It's possible. Generally, I hear they can get pregnant as young as 4 months, so 3 isn't out of the question. And yes, the youngster buckling could definitely have accomplished the deed at that age.

I would say It's possible. Generally, I hear they can get pregnant as young as 4 months, so 3 isn't out of the question. And yes, the youngster buckling could definitely have accomplished the deed at that age.
ughhhhhh! I really hope not i feel she is way to young to raise them and she's just so tiny. Do you know if there could be problems with them since she's so tiny?

It is not likely that she is pregnant, but it is possible. I once had a doeling kid at eight months of age. I am not proud of it, but it happened. The good news is that mother and baby did fine, but I did not milk the little mother. She was a full sized dairy goat, not a mini. I don't know if that makes a difference.

That said, if she did get bred, how far along would she be? If it is just a couple weeks or so, you can get some lutalyse from the vet. It will terminate the pregnancy if there is one and it will also bring her back into heat. Pregnancy can be diagnosed with an ultrasound but I don't know how early a pregnancy can be detected. There are blood tests but I have no experience with them.

It is not likely that she is pregnant, but it is possible. I once had a doeling kid at eight months of age. I am not proud of it, but it happened. The good news is that mother and baby did fine, but I did not milk the little mother. She was a full sized dairy goat, not a mini. I don't know if that makes a difference.

That said, if she did get bred, how far along would she be? If it is just a couple weeks or so, you can get some lutalyse from the vet. It will terminate the pregnancy if there is one and it will also bring her back into heat. Pregnancy can be diagnosed with an ultrasound but I don't know how early a pregnancy can be detected. There are blood tests but I have no experience with them.
?
Thank You I will talk to the vet and see what he says.

Back
Top Bottom