4 weeks old today! Help name their colors?

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
I'm just wondering if anyone here with Easter Eggers or Ameraucanas might be able to tell what some of these colors might be called. I know that alot of them are 'mutts' but they're still so darn cute! Just wanted to know what to call their colors for anyone that wants to buy my extra males in a few weeks. Thanks!

Buff? Buff Splash? Other?
chicks4weeksold019.jpg

Blue? Blue Splash? Other?
chicks4weeksold020.jpg

Black Splash?
chicks4weeksold046.jpg

And then here's just some group normal pics that I thought were cute, and had to share!

Buddies...
chicks4weeksold063.jpg

The Three Amigos...
chicks4weeksold066.jpg

Landing...
chicks4weeksold053.jpg

ChickenDuck NOW...
chicks4weeksold026.jpg

Here's just about everybody, so if you have any ideas on any of their colors, let me know!

chicks4weeksold043.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
What darling little angels! I have some Americaunas myself. The colors vary so much with them. Call 'em what you want... they are the best darn chickens! I love their beautiful blue-green eggs!
yippiechickie.gif

I just adore them and how different they all look from one another. And of course, I cant WAIT for green eggs!
big_smile.png
The only reason I asked about their colors is because we will be trying to breed for color standards if any of these turn out to be standard or "close" to their standard. Does that make sense? lol Its early and Im not all the way awake yet!
tongue.png

You know, while this thread is running - what is the right way to say Ameraucana? Can anyone give a little help to a country girl that has no idea how to say this?
idunno.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom