40 Minute Hamburger Buns or Rolls

I added extra yeast, and there was a good reaction when I put some in the palm of my hand and added sugar and a wee bit of water, but I certainly violated a lot of rules.

They look like your pictures but a little smaller. They turned out dense--likely a yeast issue or I might have overworked the dough and developed the gluten too much. I am the only one who has been brave enough to eat them, but I have now had four (have to loosen my belt), and they are tasty, hearty and lovely with butter or Brummel and Brown's (I do not use traditional margarine on principle).

So even messed up, they are yummy.

As promised, and I believe this--I give credit to the recipe.

Will make the next batch with fresh yeast, I shall measure, and I'll use my breadmaker set on "dough only."

Oh, and I'll use the other oven. We are hoping it works....
roll.png

Last edited:
Oh my those look great, we are big burger nuts also, I work in a meat market and grind my own burger (never lean in stores) likewise posting to save this recipe!
thumbsup.gif

I finally got around to baking theses. My husband is just so pleased with these!! I am too but he is hard to please when it comes to rolls. I made steak rolls out of them for brtaworst and saurkraut, then used the left overs for citrus chicken sandwhichs last night. Thank you for sharing this it is now a sta[lke in my recipe box!!

I only made 2 changes, one I let my bread machine do the work, second I adjusted the yeast amount to what the machine recipes call for 2 tsp instead of tablespoons. I was a
D.gif
to use the full amount and have a huge mess. I am curious if anyone has actually used the full amount in their BM and how it worked. I don't think these could be any better, they are amazing!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I have used too much yeast before not in the bread machine but in a bowl and it kept rising and rising and rising well yeah it was messy. I would hate for that to happen to my bread machine would be such a mess to clean.

I used the full amount of yeast in my bread machine. I only used the machine to mix the ingredients, I did not let it rise in there since my machine goes for and hour and a half on dough setting. If I were going to let it rise that long, I would use less yeast.

I am writing to sing the praises of this 40 minute roll recipe. I have made them twice and they are fantastic. I was going to snap a picture but the batteries in my camera were not good. Sorry!!

I made some of these today!
barnie.gif

The first batch wasn't raising right, so I looked at Yeast package. Expired!
ep.gif

They tasted good but were dense. The one I had rolled into a really, really thin breadstick was crispy.
gig.gif

Did the second batch and it was raising but a bit slow.
th.gif

Checked the yeast package for that one.
ep.gif
Expired too!
I let them raise twice the recipe time and they puffed better then the first batch.
thumbsup.gif

You would think I would have learned after the first batch to check the three pack strip that I got out after the last one left of the other strip was expired.
idunno.gif

I check the second full strip of yeast packages and it is good for an another year.
celebrate.gif

So I should have better luck next time.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom