Adorable Japanese Cockerel to Rehome in PA

goldysgirl

Crowing
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Black Tailed White Japanese bantam born September 1st. Nearly fully feathered. Father is my avatar "Tiny." Tiny is my favorite roo. He is not people aggressive and has tons of character. Looking for a good home for his little cockerel, where he will be safe from the table. Small rehoming fee to help guarantee he won't be eaten. Will need winter heat and a warm coop to protect his comb from frostbite. He does not have the short-legged gene. All 3 eggs incubated hatched healthy chicks. Butler, PA area. I would keep him if I didn't have 6 adult roosters.

Attachments

• 20191003_173535.jpeg
    20191003_173535.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
If you have too many roos, this article might be helpful to you: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/rooster-flocks.72998/.
Thanks for the link! I have read that one before. So far, all of my roos get along. My fenced flock has 1 roo...and now one cockerel...worried about assimilating him. My free range flock has 5 roos, all bantams but 1, and 7 large fowl ladies. The ratio is all wrong, but they get along and the ladies aren't harassed too much. I think maybe it is because the hens are large fowl and the roos are mostly bantams. Only 2 of the roos regularly breed the ladies. The large fowl roo is a pretty laid back big white silkie, but he is definitely alpha.

Thanks for the link! I have read that one before. So far, all of my roos get along. My fenced flock has 1 roo...and now one cockerel...worried about assimilating him. My free range flock has 5 roos, all bantams but 1, and 7 large fowl ladies. The ratio is all wrong, but they get along and the ladies aren't harassed too much. I think maybe it is because the hens are large fowl and the roos are mostly bantams. Only 2 of the roos regularly breed the ladies. The large fowl roo is a pretty laid back big white silkie, but he is definitely alpha.
I've noticed my bantams are pretty laidback compared to standards. I currently have a flock with 1 roo, 2 cockerels, and 4 hens. All bantams.
:D just noticed your screen name. I agree, roosters are awesome! I haven't been able to let any go yet, but I am now swimming in roosters. I would love to find someone who would enjoy this little guy. How many roos do you have...and do your neighbors still like you?:lau
I have 9 roos. Not sure how my neighbors feel about that.. but several of them have chickens and one has dogs that bark all night, so I'd say we're on good terms. :D

Back
Top Bottom