BYC Café

I cleaned the house... mostly.

I pulled the cover and pillow off the pond and put them away. All my fishies came up to greet me. About 5 marginal pots fell to the bottom of the pond. I fished 2 out with the skimmer net. I'll have to pump out some water to get the rest then clean up the mess.

I've decided I'm going to rip out most of the berm and the waterfall and install a large bog filter. I think it'll do a much better job filtering the pond and it'll make things even lower maintenance than the way I have it now.

Last edited:
I cleaned the house... mostly.

I pulled the cover and pillow off the pond and put them away. All my fishies came up to greet me. About 5 marginal pots fell to the bottom of the pond. I fished 2 out with the skimmer net. I'll have to pump out some water to get the rest then clean up the mess.

I've decided I'm going to rip out most of the berm and the waterfall and install a large bog filter. I think it'll do a much better job filtering the pond and it'll make things even lower maintenance than the way I have it now.
Live and learn You have started from whole in the yard.

Coffee is ready.
Busy week. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Wednesday so tomorrow will be hell. Piper is due for her first 3 year rabies vaccine tomorrow too. So I'm working today, Thurs and Fri. And I have to get to Endicott at some point to leave the check to secure the hall for Dave's celebration of life or I'll lose the venue.

Good morning and thanks for the HOT coffee! It is 10F outside. Snow on and off for the next few days and then a storm rolling in for Friday.
The bowling party was fun! DH's sister was surprised when we all showed up and we had a group of 12 with 10 bowling. She got a dozen fresh eggs from us for her present; one of her favorite things!
I have to meet the Azure truck today and hopefully the weather has not messed up the schedule too much. I may cut some firewood before heading out because the rest of the week looks unpredictable as usual.
Have fun today, work and play hard, Cafe!

Back
Top Bottom