Chickens for Backyards - Credible Hatchery?

https://www.chickensforbackyards.com/product-category/baby-chicks/
I was looking to purchase some chicks from this site, but I wanted to see if anyone has purchased from them before. Does anyone know if this a credible site?
They seem good I ordered chicks from them but they won't get here till August so I don't have experience myself . My friend got a barnevelder hen from there she really likes. I like that with them you can order 1 chick all the other hatcherys had a minimum per breed so if your getting more than whatever the minimum is at cackle hatchery I would just get them from there it will cheaper because I think that's where this place drop ships the chicks from.

I think they're credible, they're a drop shipper, not a hatchery.ypu order birds from them, they order birds from the different hatcheries that had those breeds and send them to you.
What breeds are you interested in? maybe we can suggest a hatchery to ship directly to you.
thank you for your help! :) i am still narrowing down what i want - they had a lot of breeds that i am interested in but i only want to order a handful of chicks.

thank you for your help! :) i am still narrowing down what i want - they had a lot of breeds that i am interested in but i only want to order a handful of chicks.
Ok, most hatcheries require a minimum order to ship, I believe my pet chicken does as few as three ( they're also a drop shipper) McMurray will do 6, Mt healthy does as few as three and their small order charge is reasonable . I think ideal require the price of the birds to be of $30(?). It's pretty late in the season to order, so many breeds cpuld be sold out but I'm sure you can find someone else that has them.

I like that with them you can order 1 chick all the other hatcherys had a minimum per breed
Actually McMurray, Meyer, Ideal, & Mt Healthy you can order only 1 of each breed. I believe all of them have a minimum order of 7 or less right now, shipping costs at each will vary.

@langshanlover14 How many chicks are you looking to get, and do you know what breeds?

https://www.chickensforbackyards.com/product-category/baby-chicks/
I was looking to purchase some chicks from this site, but I wanted to see if anyone has purchased from them before. Does anyone know if this a credible site?
Though this post was from 2022 and I'm sure you've already ordered and received your chicks, I am posting for any of those newer members that might come across this thread.

I ordered, and just received, my chicks from Chickens For Backyards. I honestly couldn't be happier! All of the chicks I ordered shipped out on the originally planned ship date. Shipping was estimated 1-3 days (shipped from Kansas to California), and they delivered on the 3rd day as expected. All chicks arrived healthy & happy. I was sent an extra three chicks (I ordered 8, received 11). The extras sent were a Leghorn, Astrolorp, and Buff Orpington (which I had ordered one of each of those breeds).

Prior to delivery, I reached out to Customer Service when my USPS shipping was showing a delivery of 6 days. Customer service responded within three hours, with a detailed explanation that they had been receiving word that the shipping estimates through USPS were inaccurate and ensured my order would be delivered within the expected 1-3 days. They were correct, and extremely helpful!

I chose this website due to being able to select as little as 1 of each breed, and as few as 3 chicks for your total order as I wanted 8 different chicks, all of various breeds. I would absolutely purchase from them again.

Back
Top Bottom