Christmas came early for me, today!

gtaus

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
Because of my backyard chicken habit, I spend lots of my money at our local Fleet store. I stop by there every time I go into town, looking for a broken bag of feed which they reduce 10-25% off for their "Oops" bag specials. That is a good way to save money. Also, I check the sales ads religiously looking for sales on feed. With the price of feed these days, every dollar saved helps.

This week, our Fleet store is offering a 10% discount on their store Gift Cards. Now, I am usually not a big fan of buying gift cards for others, but every year I buy Gift Cards from our fleet store for myself throughout the year. Since money in savings in the bank gives no interest, I feel like I am saving 10% off the top. Everything I buy on those Gift Cards starts off with a 10% discount. Plus, I usually don't buy stuff I need until they go on sale. So, add that discount to the total saved. The price of my homegrown eggs costs a little less when I can use all these discounts.

:wee Well, Christmas came early today! I bought (6) $50.00 Gift Cards today with the 10% discount. At the checkout, the lady was entering the Gift Card amounts and discounts for the cards, nothing unusual there. But when she totaled up the bill, it sounded a bit less than what I was expecting. I assumed that she entered one of the Gift Cards for something less than $50.00. So, not wanting to hold up the line, I just paid for the purchases and thought I might have to go back this weekend and buy another Gift Card or two. We wished each other a Merry Christmas and I went out to the pickup. When I got into the pickup, I took out the receipt and noticed that she had charged me $50.00 for each Gift Card, but she had discounted one of the cards with a $50.00 coupon! Merry Christmas indeed! :celebrate

Because of my backyard chicken habit, I spend lots of my money at our local Fleet store. I stop by there every time I go into town, looking for a broken bag of feed which they reduce 10-25% off for their "Oops" bag specials. That is a good way to save money. Also, I check the sales ads religiously looking for sales on feed. With the price of feed these days, every dollar saved helps.

This week, our Fleet store is offering a 10% discount on their store Gift Cards. Now, I am usually not a big fan of buying gift cards for others, but every year I buy Gift Cards from our fleet store for myself throughout the year. Since money in savings in the bank gives no interest, I feel like I am saving 10% off the top. Everything I buy on those Gift Cards starts off with a 10% discount. Plus, I usually don't buy stuff I need until they go on sale. So, add that discount to the total saved. The price of my homegrown eggs costs a little less when I can use all these discounts.

:wee Well, Christmas came early today! I bought (6) $50.00 Gift Cards today with the 10% discount. At the checkout, the lady was entering the Gift Card amounts and discounts for the cards, nothing unusual there. But when she totaled up the bill, it sounded a bit less than what I was expecting. I assumed that she entered one of the Gift Cards for something less than $50.00. So, not wanting to hold up the line, I just paid for the purchases and thought I might have to go back this weekend and buy another Gift Card or two. We wished each other a Merry Christmas and I went out to the pickup. When I got into the pickup, I took out the receipt and noticed that she had charged me $50.00 for each Gift Card, but she had discounted one of the cards with a $50.00 coupon! Merry Christmas indeed! :celebrate
That's awesome! I love when stuff like that happens!

Back
Top Bottom