Corid question

Darsminizoo

Chirping
Mar 9, 2022
Southern California
Hi!
I got baby chicks 4 1/2 days ago and 2 passed yesterday morning and I’m suspecting coccidiosis. The breeder vaccinated for mareks and also said he gave them something for cocci. But the birds are different ages and three of them were 2 day old hatchlings and the other 2 are 2 weeks old. So, I’m thinking the older ones got their course of Corid but younger ones only got 2 days. I bought Corid last night. Would it be advisable to treat all three babies at this point just in case? I don’t want to overload the 2 week olds.
Thanks so much!
Darlene

Attachments

• 09BC0639-8F02-48F4-A919-73490E44DE1C.jpeg
    09BC0639-8F02-48F4-A919-73490E44DE1C.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 23
they usually don't die unless there's a lot of blood, but I'd does to be sure.
I could be something else, how's your temperature, feed etc?
They have a brooder plate to go under as their heat source and their feed is organic Purina chick starter which I’ve been tossing into blender to make a mash.

Hi!
I got baby chicks 4 1/2 days ago and 2 passed yesterday morning and I’m suspecting coccidiosis. The breeder vaccinated for mareks and also said he gave them something for cocci. But the birds are different ages and three of them were 2 day old hatchlings and the other 2 are 2 weeks old. So, I’m thinking the older ones got their course of Corid but younger ones only got 2 days. I bought Corid last night. Would it be advisable to treat all three babies at this point just in case? I don’t want to overload the 2 week olds.
Thanks so much!
Darlene
Do you have photos of the poop?

If you saw bloody poop, then I would treat with the Corid. It won't hurt them.
Liquid Corid is 2tsp per gallon of water or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Don't add electrolytes, vitamins, probiotics, etc. etc. to the water until you finish the Corid Treatment.

Back
Top Bottom