Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches 😊

Pics
I know that we're at a weird time with autumn daylight hours, but should the girls that do start laying regulate or could they be one and done until spring? I haven't seen another egg from Mary yet- she hasn't even gone in the nesting box.

13th.PNG

Newest colors.

I know that we're at a weird time with autumn daylight hours, but should the girls that do start laying regulate or could they be one and done until spring? I haven't seen another egg from Mary yet- she hasn't even gone in the nesting box.
It just depends on Mary... when they first start laying it can be very sporadic (my OE took a 3 week break) but from my experience new layers this time of year will lay through the winter. Try and be patient...again, lol

Yay!

Congratulations!

Just looked and my FBCM hatched on June 3rd, but no way she will lay as early as a CQ. The other girls are a week or two behind her…you’ve given me hope that I’ll see an egg or two soon! 😊

Yay!

Congratulations!

Just looked and my FBCM hatched on June 3rd, but no way she will lay as early as a CQ. The other girls are a week or two behind her…you’ve given me hope that I’ll see an egg or two soon! 😊

I was completely shocked! They have almost scratched all the hay out of the nests. I always look, just in case. Instead of the 2 fakes eggs, there was a 3rd. I honestly thought it was a joke my wife and kids were playing on me.

First egg at the farm today! (About 50 pullets there). No idea which one it was…but it was a medium brown egg so that rules out the Legbars, Andalusian, Ancona, and Whitings, and probably the Marans and Welsummer…Probably one of the production birds they ordered…there are Brown Star, Blue Star, ISA Brown, Amberlink & Production Red. Assuming it was one of them!

Now for my girls…😂

Back
Top Bottom