Denegard

Hi! Thank you for replying. I am giving her a pea size portion 4 to 4 times a day along with vitamin B complex. I have human 400IU E that I initially gave her and I can go back to that. I tried tuna and she refused. I can definitely try egg as well. She’s still eating and drinking so I’m not quite ready to give up on her but she started sounded wheey/raspy a few days ago so I bought Denegard from Amazon today.
Yes, I will send body for testing if she doesn’t make it. I got her from a hatchery so I was hoping for a good outcome. She hasn’t been near any adult hens. I have three older chickens that are about 2-3 years old and I’ve never had these issues before. Polish are so difficult.
Thank you again 🙂
That would be 3 to 4 times a day for the paste

I am giving her a pea size portion 4 to 4 times a day along with vitamin B complex. I have human 400IU E that I initially gave her and I can go back to that. I tried tuna and she refused. I can definitely try egg as well. She’s still eating and drinking so I’m not quite ready to give up on her but she started sounded wheey/raspy a few days ago so I bought Denegard
Not sure how much E would be in 4 pea size doses, you would have to look at your label to somewhat calculate that.
Usually with the pastes, 1cc paste contains 200UI Vitamin E, so likely not enough, so I would switch back to giving the 400IU Vitamin E that way you know she's getting it.

Denagard only treats Mycoplasma in poultry.
Does she have other symptoms like mucous, bubbles in the eyes, etc.?
She may be wheezy/raspy because she's immobile and possibly she's aspirated a bit of fluids, hard to know.
Tylan or a Tetracycline may be a better choice, but if you have the Denagard, then try it and see if it helps. I hear it's very bitter, so you will want to sweeten it with Karo Syrup or Juice.

Not sure how much E would be in 4 pea size doses, you would have to look at your label to somewhat calculate that.
Usually with the pastes, 1cc paste contains 200UI Vitamin E, so likely not enough, so I would switch back to giving the 400IU Vitamin E that way you know she's getting it.

Denagard only treats Mycoplasma in poultry.
Does she have other symptoms like mucous, bubbles in the eyes, etc.?
She may be wheezy/raspy because she's immobile and possibly she's aspirated a bit of fluids, hard to know.
Tylan or a Tetracycline may be a better choice, but if you have the Denagard, then try it and see if it helps. I hear it's very bitter, so you will want to sweeten it with Karo Syrup or Juice.
Ok, I’ll do what you are suggesting and purchase the other antibiotic as well. I have doxycycline and tri-sulfa powder too. She doesn’t have any of the other symptoms like bubbly eyes etc. so it may be the immobility. I gave her a dose just now of denagard. She’s also able to move her legs which to me indicates she’s not fully paralyzed which gives me hope. I sincerely thank you for replying to me and appreciate you taking your time to guide me. 😃

Back
Top Bottom