Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
I might, depending on how well the seeds take. Going to have to buy shishito pepper starts again anyhow this year, for 2nd year in a row couldn't get any to start from seed. :b
Hopefully they take well!! And oh no!! That’s terrible!! I am growing shishito this year so this does not make me feel very great 😂🙈

I bought some starts last year, just happened to find them and a few others and figured I would try them, and I liked them so then this year I bought seeds. I hope they take. :fl I have them on a seed mat and some some of my tomatoes and eggplants have sprouted already even though I just planted them Friday. :eek: :th

So here’s hoping. 😂:fl

Some of my seeds are sprouting already. :eek: only planted them Friday :th I love heat mats LOL
6EDF9B65-C0EB-449C-8141-C45530968407.jpeg

Also planted some herbs and more lettuce tonight and still have more to plant tomorrow.
44836718-7F77-4E10-B0EE-87E9DF10A66F.jpeg
C0323F64-591F-42EA-A0B0-65B75C8BECAD.jpeg

The table is getting very very full 😂🙈
40E23A7E-62A5-4B00-A0EB-2132503CBD80.jpeg

This is what we’ve been up to since I posted last:
2A95BCA6-5612-4ED3-A86F-C73D2F9F96AF.jpeg

85425836-6A40-4A1C-9284-F0C3FB160906.jpeg

37973D5E-AA81-45AC-9BD0-D7858ADEDB50.jpeg

C531D939-2F2A-41B0-8D9A-7ADC1B6530B3.jpeg
85073FFE-130B-40F7-BD14-B1594CAD6568.jpeg

3E30F7C5-87C4-4A27-B416-4D929F04CDE4.jpeg

I did jump the gun and put out one romaine lettuce plant that I had started in the house after I cut the stump off a head of it, and some short rows of 4-year old pea seeds. The peas probably won’t grow, but Grandson wanted to plant something. It’s gotten down into the 20s the past few nights, so the lettuce didn’t make it. I have some onion seeds I’m tempted to put out there.

I started 3 dozen tomatoes, a dozen peppers, some basil and dill the other day. We’re gardening for two families and plan on canning and freezing this fall.

That sounds very inventive. We have a 2 bottom plow, and a decent disc my husband bought from the neighbors last year. We are looking for a cheap 2 row corn planter, and maybe a seeder. My husband always enjoyed the field work aspect of farming, so he still putzes around on our 40 acres.

I've had both knees and shoulders replaced. Hips are holding for now. My husband built me raised garden boxes that are hip high so no bending here required for my main vegetable garden.

I hope you hip replacement is a go in May. The only thing worse than going through a joint replacement is having to put one off.
I have also had both hips replaced. It’s definitely harder to get off the ground than it used to be. No raised boxes yet - spent too much building the greenhouse, but we’ll get there eventually. Beds in greenhouse are about knee high. I think they can be built up over time.

This is what we’ve been up to since I posted last:
View attachment 2091053

View attachment 2091055
View attachment 2091056
View attachment 2091058View attachment 2091059
View attachment 2091062
I did jump the gun and put out one romaine lettuce plant that I had started in the house after I cut the stump off a head of it, and some short rows of 4-year old pea seeds. The peas probably won’t grow, but Grandson wanted to plant something. It’s gotten down into the 20s the past few nights, so the lettuce didn’t make it. I have some onion seeds I’m tempted to put out there.

I started 3 dozen tomatoes, a dozen peppers, some basil and dill the other day. We’re gardening for two families and plan on canning and freezing this fall.
Wow that is amazing!!! :eek: :th great job!! :bow and I love the kids and dog helping :love

Wow that is amazing!!! :eek: :th great job!! :bow and I love the kids and dog helping :love
DH took this project and ran with it. The kid in the picture is my 3 year old grandson. He has claimed the “gleen house” as his own (“I builded it myself”) and loves to go out there and play in the dirt. He wants to go out there every day. He did “help” Grandpa with it, so he can claim some ownership. (One day he watched Grandpa use the level to make sure the walls were straight, then took it and did exactly what Grandpa did and assured us that they were good.)

DH took this project and ran with it. The kid in the picture is my 3 year old grandson. He has claimed the “gleen house” as his own (“I builded it myself”) and loves to go out there and play in the dirt. He wants to go out there every day. He did “help” Grandpa with it, so he can claim some ownership. (One day he watched Grandpa use the level to make sure the walls were straight, then took it and did exactly what Grandpa did and assured us that they were good.)
OMG that is adorable. :love

Back
Top Bottom