Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
I got 6 apple trees from them almost 7 years ago, two have died. The Wolf River and Gravenstein. I wish I hadn't ordered dwarf and semi dwarf. From now on I'll always get standard size.

I always have the top die off and them I'm stuck with the root stock with Jung trees. They also only have a money back guarantee until October. The top dies over winter, and they don't reimburse for it. Wal-Mart, menards and home depot do a year, so now I buy from them. I'm not having any better luck getting fruit trees to establish, but at least I can get my money back if I want.

I bought some natural apple trees from chief river nursery for this next spring. They are supposed to be for wildlife, which is what I want these days. Hopefully they are more hardy. I'm getting too old to get trees established. Easier to buy apples.

there is a Jung nursery in Stevens Point. just 30 miles from me. I haven't been there for years. We do order serendipity corn seed from them by mail.
I have planted at least 20 apple trees over the many years we lived here. None have survived. I have two apple trees. Both are volunteer trees. I had a wolf river that had just started producing, then it died because of my black walnut trees being too close. This spring I want to plant at least three apple trees. one will be a granny smith. I would like one to be a gala.
I hope I can keep the deer and rabbits away..
.......jiminwaUSAu.......

I’m ordering my seeds from Jungs tomorrow. With the increase of people wanting to start a vegetable garden, the stores ran out of seeds quickly. There are certain plants I always purchase from the Amish Greenhouses a few miles away: tomatoes, dill, onion sets, and potato sets. And of course flowers... you can never have too many flowers.

we have a nice green house just a couple of miles down the road. always nice hearty started plants.
There are plenty of tree farms in the area.
We used to go to Pony Creek, Haven't been there for many years. IDK if they are still in business. ?
they are a 45 mile drive away..
....jiminwaUSAu......

I’m ordering my seeds from Jungs tomorrow. With the increase of people wanting to start a vegetable garden, the stores ran out of seeds quickly. There are certain plants I always purchase from the Amish Greenhouses a few miles away: tomatoes, dill, onion sets, and potato sets. And of course flowers... you can never have too many flowers.
I've gotten everything else from them without problems. I just have problems with their fruit trees. Everything else does well. They do have some nice varieties.

My tractor came home today. Now I can put the bucket and back blade on . So far we didn't have to do any snow plowing.
It wouldn't break my heart if we didn't have to plow at all this winter.
The fruit room is holding a steady 50F. for fermenting the beer. It would be better if it
was a couple of degrees warmer. but I figure a steady temperature is better than one that fluctuates..
......jiminwisc.........

Back
Top Bottom