Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
Look into winter sowing. You can set your seeds out now. I just planted tomatoes and Jalapenos and many flowers. They are all under the snow in containers. Can't wait to see them pop in spring! zone 4 b

I've done it a few times with some spring crops. The snow is said to contain nitrogen. Usually though it's snow on my freshly seeded beds. There's always a late season snow.

This weather has me hoping this is an early spring and I can be planting by the end of March. I recall doing that one year. I will have to look up which year it was.

Yeah, my dad always liked a light snow on his radishes .
I am content to wait until all frost and snow is done with.
we have all of out seeds already. waiting for some apple and cherry trees and asparagus crowns.. The garlic was planted last fall.. same with 28 rhubarbs.
have some one year and some two year old grapes. I hope they make it through this winter. we had so much cold temperatures without much snow cover..
Now, since we do not have any dogs for over a year, we have deer and rabbits all over the place.. soon the red squirrels will be waking up, I suppose.
........jiminwaUSAu......

I guess you are lucky to get any produce with all those hungry garden pests about. We don't get any apples anymore, the deer do. At least we get the deer in the end.

I got thirsty for a home brew so I had to make the trip down the stairs. as long as I am down here I thought I would check in and catch up an my emails.
I still have a bit of trouble with stairs. They make my hips hurt, yet.
I have a batch of wine bottles ready to bottle some more wine. Probably Mon or Tuesday..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

I think it was months, and possibly a year before steps didn't hurt my replaced knees. A replacement is a very long healing process. How was the beer?

I am back, that bottle of beer was waaaay green.. I dumped it. It was from batch #1
I think batch #2 will be better..
today I am going to bottle 5 gallons of blackberry wine. Using magnum bottles. will require fewer corks.
the snow is melting fast with these 40 plus degree days.. 50's next week.
the maple sap should run good..
.....jiminwaUSAu........

I think we can quit dreaming about spring and start dreaming about summer..
I got nine magnum bottles and one full gallon of wine out of batch #2.
I want to plant kale. are there any tricks that I should know about ? never planted it before.
........jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom