Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

when we drove into town today,
I was checking the woods along the way for maple syrup buckets.
Nephew gave us a nice piece of smoked salmon. I can tolerate a taste now and then, but I can't eat a lot of it , or too often
Annie and I discussed making salmon patties with creamed peas. Do you think that would work ?
Where is Barb ? She must be sleeping all through the night, so she doesn't post?
He also gave us a few raw salmon filets. He lives just across the road from the boat landing on Lake Michigan.
He has a large boat and three teenagers who are more than willing to go fishing.

Even back when I ate meat I could never stand the taste of fish. I enjoy my fake fillets these days, so I guess my tastes have changed. When I was a kid my parents would make us gut tons of little smelt out in the yard. Kinda puts a kid off eating that kind of stuff. They still made us eat them. I prefer my fish in my fish tanks these days.

I was gonna try making my husband some salmon patties using a box stuffing mix, and eggs. I never turn down peas, so they probably would work well in your patties Jim.

I hope it doesn't stay too warm for too long. It will mess up the plants.

Maybe Barb is having some nice weather too. Hopefully she is okay. I always wonder where Anjanet went. That's the problem with getting to know people on the internet. They sometimes disappear and you never know why.

Someone hit a deer out in front of our house the other night. They just left it in the middle of the road along with a bunch of pieces of their car. Husband went out and got it. It was one of our big does. He got a car hit tag and salvaged as much meat as possible. About 20 pounds he said. The person that hit it was obviously not going to return. Hope their repairs are costly. Least they could have done is got it off the road and pick up their car part. I saw some older gentleman remove most of them the next day.

Someone hit a deer out in front of our house the other night. They just left it in the middle of the road along with a bunch of pieces of their car. Husband went out and got it. It was one of our big does. He got a car hit tag and salvaged as much meat as possible. About 20 pounds he said. The person that hit it was obviously not going to return. Hope their repairs are costly. Least they could have done is got it off the road and pick up their car part. I saw some older gentleman remove most of them the next day.
That’s horrible of them!!!

Even back when I ate meat I could never stand the taste of fish. I enjoy my fake fillets these days, so I guess my tastes have changed. When I was a kid my parents would make us gut tons of little smelt out in the yard. Kinda puts a kid off eating that kind of stuff. They still made us eat them. I prefer my fish in my fish tanks these days.

I was gonna try making my husband some salmon patties using a box stuffing mix, and eggs. I never turn down peas, so they probably would work well in your patties Jim.

I hope it doesn't stay too warm for too long. It will mess up the plants.

Maybe Barb is having some nice weather too. Hopefully she is okay. I always wonder where Anjanet went. That's the problem with getting to know people on the internet. They sometimes disappear and you never know why.
I hate fish too lol

I'm sorry, but if I hit a deer.... I know that there is no way I'd be able to move a deer out the middle of the road. Would that make me irresponsible? Usually a helpful neighbor will soon be around to help move it if necessary (like the ones who cut up the trees when they fall across the road...)
Around here, deer hits are so common, the police don't even always come out when people call in deer hits.

I'm sorry, but if I hit a deer.... I know that there is no way I'd be able to move a deer out the middle of the road. Would that make me irresponsible? Usually a helpful neighbor will soon be around to help move it if necessary (like the ones who cut up the trees when they fall across the road...)
Around here, deer hits are so common, the police don't even always come out when people call in deer hits.
Not irresponsible, but It is dangerous to other motorists to leave a deer in the middle of the road, not to mention all the car parts someone else had to remove off the road.

Back
Top Bottom