Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Merry Christmas everyone :)

200.gif

I loaded up at Bomgaars yesterday. They recently had a sale on gift cards, but the cards couldn't be used until Dec. 26. Because Tuesday is senior discount day and I used two manufacturer's coupons (that expire on Dec. 31), I was able to fill my little car with four bags of various poultry feed for less cost than a single bag of special diet cat food at the only store in town that sells it. I have 3 senior cat siblings who are prone to urinary problems. I would like to try switching their food, but even the most expensive food is cheaper than vet bills.

I am starting to get seed catalogs and emails. Since I am so bad at seed starting indoors, I'm considering recycling some plastic milk jugs for some outdoor seed sowing. If nothing sprouts, it won't be any worse than my indoor efforts.

It rained all day Christmas Eve and Christmas, so everything got soaked. The ducks and geese loved it; the chickens, not so much. My goats detest rain, and the noisier one stood under her shelter roof and yelled incessantly at me, as if I could make it stop.

If the forecast is right and there's no more precipitation, I might be able to shovel some more goat poop over to the garden by Friday. A friend of a friend has the most beautiful 6-foot-high, totally fenced in (sides and top) veggie garden. I would love to have one, too.

Sides would keep out the bunnies but not squirrels. I realized yesterday that squirrels have chewed a hole into my garden shed. Grrrr!

Hey, Jim, is Ollie ready for the new year?

Hey Barb, No, Ollie is still in the sick ward.
Yesterday I was getting my warm clothes on when bro Dave showed up. He stayed until 4PM. then it was getting dark .
there's always tomorrow.
I set up a table in the spare bedroom and dumped a large pile of wrenches onto it.
I got a few sockets sorted out according to drive size, 1/2" and 3/8" ...
I have a couple more containers to bring in.. so far I found six spark plug sockets.
I wonder where the rest of them are ??

we are not planning on planting a garden again this year. but the seed catalogs keep coming. it is still fun to look at them.
today I will see if Ollie will start. I did all I could do to eliminate the water from the gas. put in new spark plugs. checked the gap on the old plugs. //which I did not put in// the gap was so small that my gap gauge didn't go small enough to fit.. but it did run OK.. however all of the old plugs were black. indicating poor ignition.

Back
Top Bottom