Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

I have made baking soda biscuits quite often. I found a new easier recipe for biscuits that uses 2 ingredients. I do have to add a bit more milk to get the dough to come together, so a few splashes of milk till it's workable, otherwise I follow the recipe, hopefully it's readable.

View attachment 3731098
Now that's what I like. A good recipe made simple! Two ingredients I can handle! :yesss:

Sounds so delicious this time of year. I miss fresh vegetables from the garden.
You aren’t kidding! I remember putting big piles of veggies into the steamer every night and whatever else we had didn’t matter much.
Now walking through the produce department I get sticker shock! I do have some home canned things but it’s lovely to have something fresh too!

I just had a shocking moment. I tried to log into this thread in my roundabout way and they asked me for my password .. I don't know it for byc.
however I managed a little manipulation and here I am.. one of these days I might disappear . but it won't be for long.
Annie is fanatical for steamed veggies.
me , not so much. I like them OK..
our warm weather is due to start. but, if you think about it, 35F is really not that warm, is it?

I just had a shocking moment. I tried to log into this thread in my roundabout way and they asked me for my password .. I don't know it for byc.
however I managed a little manipulation and here I am.. one of these days I might disappear . but it won't be for long.
our warm weather is due to start. but, if you think about it, 35F is really not that warm, is it?
If you can't ever get back in be sure to contact support. They will hopefully help you.

For Wisconsin 35 degrees is a heat wave this time of year.

35F in January is unusual, to say the least, but shocking compared with the sub-zero temps last week. I went out today without a coat on for two minutes even. Last week, I'd have died in two minutes doing that. :gig

It looks like all week it'll be above freezing for highs and lows hovering just under, but nowhere near negative numbers! It's nice the chickens can be out again. ☺️

35F in January is unusual, to say the least, but shocking compared with the sub-zero temps last week. I went out today without a coat on for two minutes even. Last week, I'd have died in two minutes doing that. :gig

It looks like all week it'll be above freezing for highs and lows hovering just under, but nowhere near negative numbers! It's nice the chickens can be out again. ☺️
I did see some of my chickens out and about this morning even before it got much warmer. They were eager to get out and move about. My turkey were running back and forth in their run too. All my critters needed a break from those cold days.

Water in the poultry water dishes stayed liquid yesterday -- it was thrilling! Less thrilling was shoveling out the drifts that had blown back into the driveway, but the "light wintry mix" that had been forecast for today seems to have passed by without stopping.

I opened the coops yesterday (the waterfowl have been going out for days) and a few of the chickens popped out. Mostly, they sat in the doorways and soaked up a bit of sun. It had been so long since we'd seen it for more than a minute or two, they might have been scared of it :lol:.

It's supposed to be "warm" for the foreseeable future (cue the celebratory music!!!!), so I am returning to the idea of winter sowing some seeds in translucent water jugs. Due to the weather, my January veg journal pages are totally blank, but there's still time.

Sometimes, when I look out at endless mountains of snow, I find it hard to believe that in just a few months, there will be beautiful greenery sprouting everywhere. I'll even forgive all the mud that comes with spring -- or at least, I'll try.

Barb, I was just making my coffee when you posted
I like our four seasons here in Wisc,
winter, june, july and august..

we were talking about old times.
I asked if there was still Eight OClock coffee.
Yesterday Annie came home from town and handed me a big bag of Eight OClock coffee
yup,, it still tastes like mud.
You forgot about deer season. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom