Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Having a super bowl party? I'm having a puppy bowl party myself. Me and 7 dogs barking at the tv.
I’m going to the clubhouse for their Super Bowl party so thankfully I don’t have to host anything LOL or even pay attention if I don’t want to 🤣 and I wish I could watch the puppy bowl! LOL

I picked up a book at my favorite bookstore while on vacation last year, "Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening: Grow Like a Pro, Save Money and Eat Well from Your Own Organic Home Garden." I'm in favor of all of those goals!

One of the authors keeps rabbits so he will have a ready supply of organic manure. Based on the number of wild rabbits here, EVERYTHING should grow everywhere because I can hardly take a step without seeing bunny berries (which, as discussed before, my big dog likes to eat). Think I'll just stick with goat manure and aged chicken poop.

In the back of the book, there are suggested layouts for everything from 35-square-foot herb gardens and 100-square-foot veggie gardens to 3,000 square-foot-ones. My own veggie patch is much closer to the low end than to the high one. All the ridiculously warm weather is making me increasingly antsy about digging in the dirt.

But yesterday, all I dug into was poultry poop and a big mess in the garage addition.

Jim, your nemesis, squirrels, have gotten inside and thrown a big pre-Super Bowl party. Stuff was knocked over and scattered about. Some padded mailing envelopes that Michael left got chewed into tiny pieces; it looked like it had snowed in there.

I have been saving wine bottles for an artsy project I want to make this summer. I have one less bottle now because the tree rats knocked it over and shattered it all over the concrete floor. Maybe the little vermin were looking for a swig of cheap wine?

Barb, I love it when you can't sleep.
You write such nice posts, then..
The rafter rats decided that my shop is their restaurant. there are tons of black walnut shells all over in there..
I can only imagine what is upstairs in the garage..I think there was a raccoon or two up there once .maybe still are?
I once found a mouse nest in the upper section of my drill press where the belts and pulleys are..
also find nests in the tool drawers..

Back
Top Bottom