Emergency! Dying ducks and turkeys!

cynrg8

Chirping
May 24, 2020
I have a brooder set up for a few day old turkey and some week old ducklings that I hatched. They were all doing absolutely amazing and I went to refill their waterer and about an hour later I have four ducklings and a turkey poult flailing around suddenly and rearing their head backs. The ones that are no longer flailing are extremely lethargic. I don’t know what’s happening. All I gave them was plain water and no they’re suddenly dying

Attachments

• IMG_8637.jpeg
    IMG_8637.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 74
What was their water in? Was the container dirty or cleaned with any toxic cleaners beforehand? Was their heat lamp too hot? How long ago did you get them? Where did you get them from?

What was their water in? Was the container dirty or cleaned with any toxic cleaners beforehand? Was their heat lamp too hot? How long ago did you get them? Where did you get them from?
And I hatched them all myself about a week ago. I’m not sure if the heat lamp got to hot or not but they have a pretty large brooder so they can move away from the heat if they need to

And I hatched them all myself about a week ago. I’m not sure if the heat lamp got to hot or not but they have a pretty large brooder so they can move away from the heat if they need to
I'm so sorry... Very unfortunate. I'm sure there is an explanation for it but i'm not sure what that is... Did you leave them in the incubator for 24 hours after they hatched? It might be that you took them out too early and they weren't dry, so they were very cold.

I'm so sorry... Very unfortunate. I'm sure there is an explanation for it but i'm not sure what that is... Did you leave them in the incubator for 24 hours after they hatched? It might be that you took them out too early and they weren't dry, so they were very cold.
Thank you. And Yeah I keep them in usually for 24 hours though the ones affected were about a week old I keep them on flock raised but I suspect a possible deficiency such as niacin may be the cause so I gave them each some concentrated vitamin supplements and mixed some into the waterer as well to see if that prevents any more from suffering from the same symptoms

Back
Top Bottom