Flooring or DLM for Little Tikes Coop?

Luke13:34

Songster
9 Years
Aug 3, 2010
The Naugatuck Valley
For those with Little Tikes Coops (maybe we should contact Little Tikes about actually manufacturing coops!)..

1. is your coop raised or on the ground?
2. if it is on the ground, did you add a flooring of some kind (I did see one thread where someone added a floor)?
3. if on ground and no flooring.. are you using a Deep Litter Method?

Keep fingers crossed.. I replied to a Craigslist add for a pretty large LT (or is it Step 2?) playhouse.. hoping it is still available!

I just picked up a Little Tikes playhouse yesterday...I'd like to see what everyone else says too. I have to attach mine to an existing coop, so mine will be slightly raised. I'm thinking of linoleum tiles on the plywood base...the wood would rot if not. I'd love to have it on the ground, but my other coop is raised about 18 inches off of the ground, so I can't.

I have a playhouse, Little tykes....this is how mine is, raised off on blocks and on those blocks I put a pallet to sit coop on
36033_dsc_0603.jpg

and I then laided a small blue tarp in it....and filled it with shavings

36033_dsc_0022.jpg

my coop was found in someone's trash and I saw it, lugged it to the house, scrubbed it, bleached it...spray painted...had no doors as you can see I made do....and since its on blocks my hens go under it to sleep and cool off also....

It looks like you have your chicken wire on the outside of the chain link fence. I put mine on the inside, because I was worried that a predator could rip it off. Just my 2 cents.

We have two of them and made a duplex. They are on two seperate raised platforms and the roost goes all the way through both houses. Here are some pictures to give you some ideas...... (one is of the base before we put the Little Tykes House on top.......

56030_base2.jpg

56030_duplex1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom