Frizzled Silkie

jenesis536

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
CA
Here is a photo of the frizzled silkie I got yesterday. Or is it a sizzle? It has silkie feathers. The only hard feathers are the wing feathers. The curly feathers are feathers but very pliable and soft. I'm not sure of the coloring... she's a dark grey color so I'm not sure what that is called besides "dark grey".

Her mate in the cage had a bigger comb and spikey crest (more mohawk-y). This one doesn't seem to much of a comb and the crest poofs out more.

She's so small... not sure how old she is, but she's fully feathered. Any guesses? I posted one with my daughter too so you can see the size.

i would say by its size it probley 4 to 12 weeks old and dose it have 5 toes dark skin and all those silkie traits sure looks sizzle to me

Yes, it has 5 toes and dark skin. He had her out in the coop with a bunch of other chickens, so I suppose she would be ok, but she still seems so small. We've had her in a cage in the garage since we brought her home. No light or heater but covered with a blanket at night.

Yes, it has 5 toes and dark skin. He had her out in the coop with a bunch of other chickens, so I suppose she would be ok, but she still seems so small. We've had her in a cage in the garage since we brought her home. No light or heater but covered with a blanket at night.

silkie chicks are surposed to be small

Back
Top Bottom