Gender/breed mix-up?? Pics

Bizichick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Washington State
I have some chicks that my son hatched about 10 wks ago. Of the ones I kept, I thought I had all pullets....not so sure now. The eggs came from grandmas coop so they are "mutts" I guess. The possible parents.....dad....australorp or delaware white. Moms....Australorp, RIR, buff orphington, mystery chick (not sure what she is).
The black and white one (Betty) has had the red wattles and comb from an early age. She has been very sweet and acts more girlie. Wasn't sure if the red wattles and comb could be normal for some breeds. I am really thinking she is going to turn out to be a roo but would rather hear it from others with more experience.
The yellow/gold one (Hazel) just started developing her wattles and comb not too long ago. She has always been the nurturing one with the little chicks but not friendly at all with people. When any of the other chicks are taken away from her, she makes a horrible honking noise. Sounds more like a goose than a chicken. She has done that from a fairly early age. I lean more toward pullet with her. Just a little concerned because of the developing red and the "honking".
While we are at it....any guesses on what their mixes would be?
big_smile.png

Betty

Hazel

She does look a lot like my moms Buff. Its such a mix in that coop, its nice to have a second opinion. lol Ever heard of the "honking" she does? Any certain breed that does that? She is the only one I have that does it.

Back
Top Bottom