Hatch-along coming soon!! Mixed breed edition!

Eeeewww I hate ticks as well. We have them a lot where we are. They get all over the dogs.
Your parakeet sounds really cool, does it keep you up at night?
We get ticks on the dog too! Horrible things.

Our parakeet is cute, he can say a few words (hello, good bird) and he mimics my daughters laugh really well, and always seems to know when it's an appropriate time to laugh - he has me in stitches! Like, once he did a poo on our sofa, where my husband sits. He was about to sit down, and I said "hang on, he's pood, don't sit down" and then Toots (the parakeet) laughed really loud. It was hilarious! He gets a cover over his cage at night, and he settles down in his hanging tent and sleeps. He is louder in the morning when he wants his breakfast!!

Awww your dog is so cute😍
What's her name?

Here's my pointer, her name is Pearl:

Her name is Roobie. My mum named her, as she was my parents' dog until she was 16 months old, and then we stole her! :yesss: Hehe, sounds awful, but my eldest daughter was being bullied terribly at school, she was only 7 at the time, and she wasn't talking to me. But she'd talk to this dog! My mum wasn't giving the dog enough stimulation, so she was bored and destructive and driving her mad, and her neighbour was moaning about all the barking... so we stole her. Win-win!

Your pointer is gorgeous, a perfect name for her! She blends in really well on your rug!

:eek:our mastiff is only 4 and and a half months old and over 50 pounds!

Here's my mastiff, his name is Drax (have you ever watched guardians of the galaxy?)
He looks like a big softie! No, sorry, I've never seen it - is he like a character from it?
He's a sweetie..... But he tends to grab eggs from the kitchen and eat them!😅
Naughty boy!! Funny though!
Last night I could barely sleep but I just put the eggs in 😂
.....haha, you wait til they're hatching....!!
I can't keep any because I don't have any room, so I'm going to bring them to an auction once they are big enough. Yes I hope they all hatch as well! I'm doing the dry incubation method so I should get more hatchlings. I hope all of yours hatch!!!!!!
Aw, but you'll enjoy the process no matter, and give them a great start in life! Hoping you have a great hatch rate and enjoy the journey!

Thank you! We still have some unhatched, but I guess that's to be expected. A shame... but they're still in the 'bator so still got time. We have had 5 healthy chicks hatch out of 9 eggs that made it to lockdown. Not a great %.... 🥺 Think it's due to having different breeds and different needs.

There are so many phrases that come from chickens - we have realised it as we've been doing this!

"Don't count your eggs til they hatch"

"Egg them on" (we were totally egging them on during the hatch :clap...!)

"Feeling cooped up"

etc etc!

Our parakeet is cute, he can say a few words (hello, good bird) and he mimics my daughters laugh really well, and always seems to know when it's an appropriate time to laugh - he has me in stitches! Like, once he did a poo on our sofa, where my husband sits. He was about to sit down, and I said "hang on, he's pood, don't sit down" and then Toots (the parakeet) laughed really loud. It was hilarious! He gets a cover over his cage at night, and he settles down in his hanging tent and sleeps. He is louder in the morning when he wants his breakfast!!
That is SO funny that he laughed about pooping!!!!!:lau And I love how his name is Toots!!

Her name is Roobie. My mum named her, as she was my parents' dog until she was 16 months old, and then we stole her! :yesss: Hehe, sounds awful, but my eldest daughter was being bullied terribly at school, she was only 7 at the time, and she wasn't talking to me. But she'd talk to this dog! My mum wasn't giving the dog enough stimulation, so she was bored and destructive and driving her mad, and her neighbour was moaning about all the barking... so we stole her. Win-win!
Oh no I'm really sorry that happened to your daughter😢 That's a really cute name for the dog.

Your pointer is gorgeous, a perfect name for her! She blends in really well on your rug!
😆Yes she does, but Drax blends even more into our brown couch😐

No, sorry, I've never seen it - is he like a character from it?
Yes! Have you heard about the Marvel franchise before? (They have Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc.)

.....haha, you wait til they're hatching....!!
I was so worried about the eggie babies last night, and my gut feeling was right because when I woke up the temp was only 99! I hope that's okay🤞🤞

Aw, but you'll enjoy the process no matter, and give them a great start in life! Hoping you have a great hatch rate and enjoy the journey!
Aw thank you I hope I have a good hatch rate as well🙂
We have 1 extra rooster too many (I guess it's supposed to be 1 roo to 8 hens) but we have 2 roosters to 11 hens, so we should get a good fertilization rate. I don't think I should get any yolkers, but I will probably get quitters.
Thank you! We still have some unhatched, but I guess that's to be expected. A shame... but they're still in the 'bator so still got time. We have had 5 healthy chicks hatch out of 9 eggs that made it to lockdown. Not a great %.... 🥺 Think it's due to having different breeds and different needs.
How many of each breed have hatched?
They still have a chance, I read that some chicks take 1-2 extra days after day 21 to hatch.
"Don't count your eggs til they hatch"
Isn't that the truth!!

Back
Top Bottom